1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by HigherPower72

DAY 180 : Clarity Through Purity

This hasn't been an easy road for me, nor have I allowed it to be. I have been here before, but in a moment of naivety, I then allowed the virus back into my mind. I convinced myself that as long as I only engaged 'here and there', that I would be just fine. For those of you who are familiar with The Doobie Brothers, they have a song that comes to mind as I recollect some of my choices in the past..."What A Fool Believes", great song.

The virus quickly regained control of my mind, it then began to putrefy my heart, as it does so methodically. Once again, I started losing the ability to stay focused, to deeply engage with others, to enjoy the subtleties of life, to have a balanced emotional presence, and most notably…I started losing the ability to love and enjoy others the way God intended.

I have seen what this has done to me, I have also seen how beautiful life can be without this self-gratifying abomination. I have wasted so much precious time, I have jeopardized loving relationships, I have missed out on golden opportunities…for what? An Empty fantasy. A Deceptive pleasure. A Lie.

Now, at six months, I have seen the progress, and it is beginning to become tangible once again. By the grace of God, I am enjoying so much more in life. My anxious thoughts have subsided. My clouded thoughts have cleared. My sense of well-being is more present. My need to engage with others is now growing. All of this, and a desire to live…to truly live. That means living a life that isn’t always perfect, but you’re now given a chance to prosper as only God intended.

Thank you all for your relentless support, God Bless!
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
You are an encouragement to me, my friend! Glad to be on the journey with you.
emanuel_free and HigherPower72 like this.
HigherPower72 more_vert
HigherPower72
Thanks Tao! To you as well. You've been an invaluable commodity, a true blessing.
Tao Jones likes this.