1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Hopingforfreedom

God is always testing us, and His testing does not come when we are warned and ready. Anyone can pass a test then. If I tell you that I am going to test you to see if you exhibit love under pressure, whether you can keep your temper when you are being irritated, and if you can be sweet when things are going wrong, you are likely to pass with flying colors. But God never tests that way. His tests catch us unprepared, off-guard. It is when we are confronted with some simple temptation that no one will know about that the tests of life really come. When you are relaxing at home and... [fill in the blank]—what happens then? That's the test. NOTE: I didn't say He tempts us, James 1:13
Hopingforfreedom more_vert
Hopingforfreedom
Isn't this the meaning of Paul's words in Romans 12? Therefore, I urge you, brothers,... to offer your bodies as living sacrifices (Romans 12:1a). It is one thing to be present in a great meeting where the Spirit is moving in evident power, and an appeal goes out to rededicate the heart, and we hear the words, Present your bodies as living sacrifices to the Lord. Under the stress or pull of that meeting we may well say, Here am I, Lord, I give my life to you. But this is never the test. The test comes when some situation occurs in daily life that forces you to face the question: Is my body really available for Him to do what He wants?
Hopingforfreedom more_vert
Hopingforfreedom
"Father, Your tests are always designed to strengthen and teach me. Thank You that with every test come Your resources to endure."
Deleted Account likes this.