1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Griffin2018

I read a meditation in Answers in the Heart today that spoke of responsibility. It said that part of recovering and growing out of addiction is learning to take responsibility for our thoughts and actions. This resonated with me because in the past when I've acted out, it felt like my thoughts and actions were being carried along by a runaway train, and I didn't want to admit that I was that runaway train. If I'm acting out, then I'm the one who is acting out, and it is important that I remember that next time I feel carried away with urges.

Also, I'm trying to understand Step 3. Can anyone who feels like they have a good grasp on this step explain how one "turns their will over to their higher power"?
kammaSati likes this.
parsprototto more_vert
parsprototto
I think It just happens with the time. At the begining I didn´t believe in anything higher than me but then I try yoga and it help me so much to understand that I am part of something bigger. Sometimes repeating the prayer of serenity helps me to understand that I don´t have the control of everything but in the things that I have the control, I do my best to change it. However in the things that I don´t control, I just try to leave in a higher power hands.
Griffin2018 likes this.
GlenHood more_vert
GlenHood
Made the decision (a choice) to turn over our will and our lives (so they’re no longer in the hands of someone who is too ill to be loving and caring with their own life, and whose will is still only self-will) to the God of our understanding. So: I’m not alone, I make a decision, to let go, and let God. This will build my faith and strengthen my hope of being restored to sanity. I can now safety start my inventory and revisit my steps 1-3 if I get scared or demotivated.
kammaSati and Griffin2018 like this.