1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by jenthleth

My Bible reading today was 1 Peter 4, and the opening of this chapter struck me. "Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because whoever suffers in the body is done with sin. As a result, they do not live the rest of their earthly lives for evil human desires, but rather for the will of God. For you have spent enough time in the past doing what pagans choose to do—living in debauchery, lust, drunkenness, orgies, carousing and detestable idolatry. They are surprised that you do not join them in their reckless, wild living, and they heap abuse on you."

It seemed so timely with my relapse yesterday. We suffer indeed, not giving in to our desires, but it is through this suffering that we purify ourselves from sin. The world can laugh at us and ridicule us, they can mock us as too "uptight" and "Puritan" for not giving in to worldly decay. But we are focused on something better, our heavenly reward. When we spend eternity in heaven with God, the present persecution won't even be a thought. Stay strong, brothers and sisters.
EquitableMove more_vert
EquitableMove
This is the exact chapter I am on today and I have been reading through the New Testament. I will go and read it now. Thanks so much!
jenthleth likes this.
freedomwarrior more_vert
freedomwarrior
Thank you for a very inspiring post. You have true wisdom Way Beyond your years
jenthleth likes this.