1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Mr. McMarty

I bet no one can tell me the significance of God calling Abram out of his homeland and into a land he would show him?
hillmountain more_vert
hillmountain
Brother, why do you give so much importance to what the so called "reformers" said, rather than what the Bible explicitly says?
hillmountain more_vert
hillmountain
The term “grace alone” appears nowhere in the Bible.

The term “faith alone” appears only once in the Bible, and in that one place it is explicitly rejected:

You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone. (James 2:24)
hillmountain more_vert
hillmountain
So you guys say that the infallibility of the Pope is wrong... But you seem to consider that Martin Luther's ideas are infallible....
hillmountain more_vert
hillmountain
Further, until Martin Luther articulated it 1,500 years after the Bible was written, no denomination or sect of Christianity understood the Bible to teach justification by faith alone. In asserting Sola fide as an essential teaching of the Church, Luther is in effect charging the Bible with being so unclear in its teaching that for the first fifteen centuries of Christianity, no Christian church or theologian was able to see and perceive it as a central Christian doctrine.
hillmountain more_vert
hillmountain
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God—not the result of works, so that no one may boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9).
First, notice that Paul did not say “by grace alone have you been saved through faith alone.” Paul never attributes justification to grace alone or to faith alone. Rather, he attributes salvation to grace and to faith.
hillmountain more_vert
hillmountain
If you read Paul’s statements about being justified by faith apart from the works of the law in their context, you will almost always find a mention of “circumcision” or some other tell-tale word indicating that when he said “the law,”
hillmountain more_vert
hillmountain
By these statements Paul, “an apostle to the Gentiles” (Romans 11:13), was asserting, against the Jewish Christians in Jerusalem, that it was not necessary to observe the works of the Jewish Law, orTorah, such as sacrifice, circumcision, and the various dietary laws in Hebrew Bible. He recognized that Jesus’ teachings superseded those old ritual laws.
hillmountain more_vert
hillmountain
And here is Paul’s famous statement giving love primacy over faith, which should put a spike in the heart of Sola fide for all time:

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. (1 Corinthians 13:13)
hillmountain more_vert
hillmountain
Park himself says that works are necessary for salvation:.
For he will repay according to each one’s deeds: to those who by patiently doing good seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life; while for those who are self-seeking and who obey not the truth but wickedness, there will be wrath and fury. There will be anguish and distress for everyone who does evil,. (Romans 2)
Mr. McMarty more_vert
Mr. McMarty
so if im on a desert island and ive never heard the gospel and dont know what sin is I will be forgiven automatically without the blood of Jesus?
Mr. McMarty more_vert
Mr. McMarty
I don't follow Luther or anything He was German Reformed as I am Swiss Reformed Calvinist
Mr. McMarty more_vert
Mr. McMarty
Galatians 3:24 ESV / 514 helpful votes
So then, the law was our guardian until Christ came, in order that we might be justified by faith.
Mr. McMarty more_vert
Mr. McMarty
biblical Exegesis demands a systematic approach. so using bible verse one-liners is more for the fun of argument as i have done i think.
hillmountain more_vert
hillmountain
If you are on a desert island, and live according to the knowledge of how and evil that God has planted in every human heart,. Then God himself will apply the blood of Jesus on you and save you, even though you have never heard of the word "baptism"
hillmountain more_vert
hillmountain
in the thirteenth century, and in response to the question whether a man can be saved without baptism, Thomas Aquinas replied: ".... such a man can obtain salvation without being actually baptized, on account of his desire for baptism, which desire is the outcome of faith that works by charity, whereby God, whose power is not tied to the visible sacraments, sanctifies man inwardly. Hence Ambrose says of Valentinian, who died while yet a catechumen, ‘I lost him whom I was to regenerate, but he did not lose the grace he prayed for’” (Summa Theologia III:68:2, cf. III:66:11–12).
hillmountain more_vert
hillmountain
The Catholic (catholic simply means universal, and the term has been used since the first century by many martyrs and saints)Church has, since the beginning, done the most systematic exegesis of the bible, resulting in the current catholic doctrines.. it's Luther and Calvin's (forgive me brother) false eisegesis that has led to their flawed doctrines and the fragmentation of the body of Christ....
hillmountain more_vert
hillmountain
If my comments offend you, then I beg your forgiveness as a brother in Christ... I just want you to get the benefits of being in the true and wholesome Church of Jesus...
Mr. McMarty more_vert
Mr. McMarty
@hillmountain You are in a safe place here to share. May I never be insulted by brothers sincere convictions!
Mr. McMarty more_vert
Mr. McMarty
I will say we are saved by faith alone but..........works will always be present where true faith is present.
Hopingforfreedom likes this.
Fly on the wall more_vert
Fly on the wall
Abraham had multiple wives and God was good with that. Just like Abraham had multiple Gods.