1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by BakJo

When you feel urges coming while you're at work, how do you avoid them/distract yourself?
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
This battle is in our minds. We must fight and win it there. Do not avoid the thoughts or distract yourself from them if possible, as doing so will only give them time to grow. Instead, address them productively as soon as possible -- immediately, is best. Identify the tempting thought, run it by the Spirit of truth for assessment, find the lie in the temptation and replace it with the Truth of Christ, and then live from the perspective of the truth instead of from the lie. Make this your practice, and it will soon become habit. I am praying for you and cheering you on!
HigherPower72 more_vert
HigherPower72
Great question! I know how powerful those temptations can be, I myself used to engage in that behavior and would occasionally surf P-sites during working hours, even knowing the harsh consequences I could potentially face if discovered... it was awful. I can offer this to you... keep your mind engaged in constructive thought, ie scripture, family, friends, hobbies, sports, anti-PMO literature, etc, etc. Meditation is very helpful, especially early on.
Soulherb, hillet121 and Tao Jones like this.
jenthleth more_vert
jenthleth
Focus on whatever you're supposed to be doing. Remind yourself of the consequences if you were caught.
Soulherb more_vert
Soulherb
I want to synthesize both @Tao Jones and @HigherPower72 . As a general rule of thumb, I advocate the latter; if a particular thought keeps intruding, I recommend the former. :D
HigherPower72 and Tao Jones like this.
BakJo more_vert
BakJo
@Tao Jones, How do you end up putting this into practice? It's often hard for me to face the thoughts directly as often leads to me getting deeper into them.