1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by GetFreeStayFree

8 clean days...
I don't have urges yet, but I know they will come...

How do you deal with urges??
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
The battle is in the mind. Identify the urge. Run it by the Spirit to help find the lie. (There is always a lie.) Replace that lie with the Truth. Live form the power and perspective of the Truth instead of the lie. The process never changes. Practice it until it becomes your habit. The urges will get weaker as time goes by. When they do occasionally come back very strong, you will be practiced at dealing with them in a productive way.
Schumbra more_vert
Schumbra
First: Don't shove them away! Face them! You have urges: stand, sit or lay down and let them be around you. Don't give in to them but acknowledge them. Stay occupied with stuff to do in this period. Cause once you've endured it, you have the chance to conquer it.
HigherPower72 more_vert
HigherPower72
Urges can be very difficult to subdue, or they can be quite simple. There are both physical and mental ways to handle them, ranging from cold showers, to prayer/meditation, to simply engaging in nature. Find what suits your preferences and incorporate them in your daily routine, and just be mindful that the more you resist the urges the easier it becomes. Well worth it. ;)
Soulherb and GetFreeStayFree like this.
Shin Iu more_vert
Shin Iu
This is a continous battle and please no lower your guard! Amen!
GetFreeStayFree likes this.
bennettthef4pstronaut more_vert
bennettthef4pstronaut
Have a solid morning routine. Run, cold shower, read a Proverb, pray, eat healthy and just keep busy during the day. It’s all about sex transmutation
GetFreeStayFree likes this.
IanTube1 more_vert
IanTube1
honestly, I just resist. I mean like just a few minutes ago I had the worst urge I've had so far even though I'm only on day 5. I just reminded myself why I'm doing this and everything I have to gain by not PMO'ing. If you're very tempted, get away from your laptop or phone for a few minutes.
Tao Jones and GetFreeStayFree like this.