1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by tingpm222

I am in CoDA and OA.

I have considered joining a sex 12--step fraternity, but I am afraid it might trigger me.

I am glad there are 12-step people here.
Gratefulforchange and kammaSati like this.
SaturnsSun more_vert
SaturnsSun
Hello and welcome. Are you doing a reboot?
Gratefulforchange likes this.
Spontifex more_vert
Spontifex
Hi @tingpm222, the SAA meeting I go to they explicetly point out at the beginning, each time, to use a clean language, not to go into details describing what one did, where, how often and with whom. So far I never got triggered. I assume that everywhere in SAA they have a special awareness on how one formulates and speaks. Once there was a first time guy who crossed that line and one other member interrupted and asked him to use a "neutral" language cause it triggers him.
Gratefulforchange more_vert
Gratefulforchange
@tingpm222 welcome! Glad you are here. I highly recommend SAA. There can be solid recovery there and I agree, we have always made an effort to neutralize what we say. Are used to go to meetings that had men and women and it was very well run. Everyone felt safe and realize that they were there for a common purpose which unites all of us. You probably have enough 12-step experience where you can feel more comfortable right away at a new fellowship. As well as have something to offer when discussing steps etc. This place is also wonderful tool and some good recovery here.
Deleted Account and kammaSati like this.
tingpm222 more_vert
tingpm222
I joined the site today. I hope I can start working on a reboot soon.
Gratefulforchange and kammaSati like this.
evanbook03 more_vert
evanbook03
Have been to dozens of SAA meetings and have never been triggered. Almost all members are very good with using neutral language and vagueness as necessary