1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by SAL_VI

So I've been off Facebook 2 years now and I'm also off other social media outlets. Personally don't need it.

But lately I'm trying to grow my blog so social media can help. It's difficult because I know that social media is distracting plus it can be a grounds for temptation. What should I do?
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
Why are you trying to grow your blog?
rwilli62 more_vert
rwilli62
So if I could use facebook at work (ironically one place I can't use it) that would be fine as I know I wouldn't misuse it there, but outside of work and especially on my phone, I start "hunting" For me it's not worth it, don't know about your blog, but if you have that thought, this may be your eye to eye or hand to cut. Mat 5: 27-30.
Tao Jones likes this.
SAL_VI more_vert
SAL_VI
I wanna grow it to share and create exposure. Ultimately, I want to have it monetized.
St3v0 more_vert
St3v0
The problem I found is that social media especially facebook can be just as addictive. I constantly find myself scrolling through facebook just for that next funny clip or new piece of news or info. I have decided to cut down and only use it for our business advertisements. If you can limit yourself to use it just for the purpose of promoting your blog then it should be fine.
SAL_VI likes this.
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
Pray about it. Ask the Spirit for guidance. Then listen...and obey.
Bob385 and SAL_VI like this.
SAL_VI more_vert
SAL_VI
Another idea would to be able to use a social media ambassador- that someone who post for me
Soulherb, Bob385 and Tao Jones like this.
journey_man more_vert
journey_man
You can probably find software that will do this.
mrothell more_vert
mrothell
I deleted Facebook 2 years ago and 3 weeks ago reactivated it to use it to sell things on the marketplace. I just sold my last item last night and am fairly confident I will deactivate it once again soon. It hasn't been a huge temptation these past few weeks, but its definitely not something that sets my eyes on Jesus. I think if your involved in healthy community on FB it could be fine, but as Tao said - pray and obey!
Bob385 likes this.
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
I use FB for a couple groups I am part of, but that is it. My rule for FB is "no idle browsing, no video viewing, and no searching." I have my accountability software set up so that if I do anything on FB besides visit my group pages, my APs will know about it. Keeps me honest!
mrothell and Bob385 like this.
Soulherb more_vert
Soulherb
A question I will explore myself in due time, there are many social media platforms, many of which may be more useful to gaining exposure than FB. Although FB has become a default for many, I question the engagement from the FB audience, as many seem to just mindlessly scroll for the cotton candy they are looking for. My point is, in light of the potential temptations, whether FB is that necessary or not, and that careful consideration may eliminate this problem.