1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by SAL_VI

Hey all, so how do you deal in socializing in groups? Naturally, I'm an introvert so it's not my kind of crowd. I prefer talking to one or two people at a time as it gives me an opportunity to talk and share something meaningful. Not that meaningful topics can't be discussed in groups. But oftentimes, when I am in a group- I feel left out, lonely, inferior, and unwelcome. Moreover, I feel like I can't say anything because everyone else is in the midst of conversation. I've seen that also happen if I'm in a room of people in which everyone is talking to one another in their groups.

Anyways I would like improvement in this area so I appreciate the advice, thanks!
Deleted Account likes this.
salvation700 more_vert
salvation700
your a child of Gog,a peuliar people,your in the world but not of it.You can be,loving,kind,courteous and learn how to communicate with people,you,re a witnes and your countance and speech will show it!
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
I don't care for groups either. I avoid them. If I cannot, I usually just stay quiet. Jesus is our ever-present Friend. As long he is with me, I am never truly alone. As long as he is my friend, I have no need of another. Indeed, I can instead focus on being a friend to all, with no concern for myself, for I am well provided for, in every way!
Become Free more_vert
Become Free
Hello @SAL_VI I used to be silent as well and not that interactive because I was afraid of what people may think of me, if you are in a place where everyone is just focused on something or someone else, then there is not much you can do about it, however if you are in a group of people that are doing some activity or discussing a mutual subject, I learned to let go of my fear of what people may think and instead express my opinion anyway, most of the time you will find good people that will react well to what you have to say and that will give you more confidence to talk and interact more.
SAL_VI more_vert
SAL_VI
Ok what about in the context of church? Obviously we have to connect
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
There are many ways to connect. :)
SAL_VI likes this.