1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Timetoquit78

Any advice or tips on how to deal with/work through internal shame? How to forgive yourself and get past things you’ve done in the past that are embarrassing to yourself?
SAL_VI more_vert
SAL_VI
Look at the cross! I know that sounds cliche yet it's true. Christ bear our sin and shame. Not only that He makes us new! Though we may not feel it , it's a truth that is graciously granted to His people. His children that were once orphans.
journey_man and Deleted Account like this.
SAL_VI more_vert
SAL_VI
Also recommend looking at scripture
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
Romans 6-8 is a great place to start. Then a good read through Galatians, Philippians, and 1 John! God has forgiven you already -- so who are you to disagree with him? Believe who he says you are and stop listening to the lies you tell yourself. We either cling to his view of reality or we perish. There is no other option! The Good News is this: His is the actual Truth we can depend on -- and it is *way* better than ours! I am praying for you today and cheering you on!
Deleted Account likes this.
Timetoquit78 more_vert
Timetoquit78
Thanks Tao. I get down on myself. I’ve set my bar higher and higher and when I fall, my feeling about myself is worse now than it was before. Just having a rough day mentally.
Tao Jones likes this.