1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by newtry

Maybe it's for more than 4 months without PM, but I've been feeling very anxious these days. I have also begun to make some mental notes, of how lust in me has affected my relationships with others. Tomorrow I will give a Bible class again.
ImprovingGinger and salvation700 like this.
salvation700 more_vert
salvation700
Yes newtry I agree that lust does effect your relationships with others,that one reason it,s so disappionting suffering the consequences of your actions,God bless you,stay encouraged,in the Word and keep fighting for the Lord Jesus Christ! johnny
newtry likes this.
ImprovingGinger more_vert
ImprovingGinger
I've noticed that throughout my sobriety from PM that I have become more aware of my feelings and surroundings. I think this has caused some anxieties that perhaps is similar to what you're describing. The lust has masked our ability to be more aware of life's joys and even worries and anxieties of day to day life. Offer it up!
salvation700 and newtry like this.
chrysion more_vert
chrysion
@newtry, it is wonderful that you made it 4 months. How did you do it? What helped the most?
newtry likes this.
newtry more_vert
newtry
Interesting point @ImprovingGinger . I also consider that my anxiety is a product of my sobriety with the PM. We are not fully aware of the damage that PM generates to us, at least I was not until recently. God bless you!
ImprovingGinger likes this.
newtry more_vert
newtry
Thanks @salvation700 , you too brother. We can deviate from the PM but lust costs a lot to eliminate it, but I am one of those who believe that the Holy Spirit will do the work in us, if we allow it :)
newtry more_vert
newtry
Hi @chrysion . What has helped me stay clean is God and Nofap. Being active here, encouraging others, keeping a diary, all that has been decisive. How are you doing in this fight?
Deleted Account likes this.
chrysion more_vert
chrysion
Thanks @newtry, the three things you mentioned have been critical for me, as well as clear boundaries, clear goals and a defined schedule. I am 37 days no P and 2 days no M. Now I have given my sexuality to God and I believe He is going to help me live through the sexual and emotional loneliness I feel before I find a wife. It's hard emotionally, but I am willing to avoid M and fantasy for the sake of purity and consecration to God.
Tao Jones and newtry like this.
70*7 more_vert
70*7
So refreshing to hear such genuine desire to follow the good way. Hard words when you say "lust costs a lot to eliminate it" newtry, but so true.
newtry likes this.
newtry more_vert
newtry
@70*7 It is hard to eliminate lust, but the Holy Spirit can do the work! That is our hope! Force on this trip! How are you dealing with the urges?
70*7 more_vert
70*7
Trying to put some spiritual rythmn into my life.
newtry likes this.
DestinedToBe more_vert
DestinedToBe
@newtry @chrysion @ImprovingGinger @70*7 @salvation700 check my latest thread guys, i hope it becomes helpful to you in any way possible :)
newtry and 70*7 like this.
70*7 more_vert
70*7
This is what my spiritual director Andrew has applied to his own life and church. we are encouraged to use the tools that we learn in a systematic, daily way to stay active against the enemy and set a Godly rhythm to our days whether we feel like it or not. Sort of the opposite of being passive I suppose. The areas he chooses are:
newtry likes this.
70*7 more_vert
70*7

Meditation

Prayer and contemplation

Engagement with scripture

Dedication to the Eucharist

Confession (CR!)

Giving

Mission

Hospitality in Action

Retreats

Daily office (commitment to daily prayer)

Turn taking (commitment to be involved in leading and the life of the community)

The Environment (being good stewards of the world)
newtry likes this.