1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by demon_slayer_asta9687

Has anyone ever heard of quenching, The Holy Spirit?
demon_slayer_asta9687 more_vert
demon_slayer_asta9687
I do, and people are not very observant of this, which is why I kind of left NoFap.
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
Can you explain more? How do you define that? And how do you see people not being observant of it? Why did that make you feel you wanted to leave NoFap?
demon_slayer_asta9687
I didn't feel like The Holy Spirit would forgive me since I am currently sinning and barely praying to God, and when I pray, it is always because I am going through something extremely bad, which in my definition makes me STUPID AS F**K!? I define "quench" as QUENCH. Not many people are observant because they always believe that any sin they can make will always be forgiven, and I don't see it as true, because, if you read the New Testament, you can see Jesus stating my point in less than a few sentences, which should be just that!
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
I am sure you know the Scripture: 1 John 1:9 - "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." Here is a great article on this topic: https://www.gotquestions.org/forgive-same-sin.html You are right when you say that we have a part to play. We will not be rescued by Christ is we continue to reject him and turn elsewhere to meet our needs. As you know all too well, only Jesus can satisfy, though! Let me know what you think.
demon_slayer_asta9687
I just masturbated, very stupid of me, not to say at the least.
frogs2345 more_vert
frogs2345
There is no sin that cannot be forgiven by God when you repent of it. The only unforgivable sin is denying God and his power, and refusing to accept his forgiveness. Simple as that. Quenching the Spirit is when you deny or silence the Spirit's leading in your life. If you believe in Jesus and that he rose from the dead to forgive your sins, you are forgiven.
Vendettana and Tao Jones like this.
demon_slayer_asta9687
I feel like it's more than just that, it's something worse than anyone could imagine
frogs2345 more_vert
frogs2345
What could you have done that God cannot forgive?
demon_slayer_asta9687
Probably going back to my old ways and just running far from him, I don't know how to simplify it?
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
1 Timothy 1:15 - 'This is a trustworthy saying, and everyone should accept it: “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners”—and I am the worst of them all.' There is *nothing* he will not forgive.
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
I persisted in the folly of PMO for over 25 years, and still he was merciful.
frogs2345 more_vert
frogs2345
Okay, so you see you are going back to your old ways. What are you going to do about it? Do you care about this fight? What does it mean to you to be free? Why did you decide to quit in the first place? If you see your own failures and decide to continue in them, doing nothing to change them, you are stupid. But I don't think you are. Now is the moment when you can turn around. The Spirit is working in you because he wants to see you turn to him for help.
Tao Jones likes this.
demon_slayer_asta9687
Jesus is the worst sinner of them all, am I reading that right?
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
Paul wrote that, not Jesus. ;-)
demon_slayer_asta9687
I don't know, I personally feel exhausted by this.
DestinedToBe more_vert
DestinedToBe
Something a lot of christians dont know, is that God forgave u for all the sins u did and will do, all u have to do is accept his forgivness and get away from that sin. Some people think that since their sins are forgiven they get to sin however they like, but that's not how it works. You are forgiven, that's true but u need to accept it then work on your relationship with Jesus