1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by AntiqueRevolverGuy

I just feel like saying it, no particular reason. But 17 was the worst year of my life. Root cause was breakup from a relationship I was heavily invested in, and also the massive expectations placed on me to begin my life because now I was coming of age. Plus all the success/motivation truths I learned from here and other places, but I couldn't apply it properly to my life because I didn't know who I was yet.
AntiqueRevolverGuy more_vert
AntiqueRevolverGuy
One of the biggest things that get me down is when people still treat me like the person I was before that happened. Like, I'm not that kid/person anymore. I'm not into MLP, I'm not the extremely motivating, smiling and opinionated person I used to be.
AntiqueRevolverGuy
I thank the Lord for what little I have achieved since then. After he, he is the very epitome of self discipline. But I keep entering this cycle of self doubt and feeling of failure. Plus with all the turmoil and stuff going on today, I feel like my life plans are going to be put on halt, or not even achievable at all.
AntiqueRevolverGuy
All I know is he that does not doubt, and puts his faith on the Lord, will be delivered by the hand of the Lord from his/her enemies. And when you do your part of the plan, the Lord will guarantee that your purpose will be acievable.
Tannhauser likes this.
SoJoP more_vert
SoJoP
It can be frustrating to feel like you aren't accomplishing anything and that you are wasting your time. I find that the OT & BoM can help put things into perspective by showing us the effects of actions over years and even millennia. My personal example is pathetically short by comparison, though it felt really long at the time: I remember working for months on my mission, and feeling like everywhere we went and everything we did just led to more failure. No one wanted to talk to us. People were rude. I felt like I was wasting my time.
SoJoP more_vert
SoJoP
Months later, a woman who had recently come back to church bore her testimony. She said that everywhere she went, she kept seeing us. Each time she knew she needed to go back to church. It took her dozens of times before she finally acted. All the times we had prayed where to go, and thought we were failing to do anything useful, we were really where we were so she could see us. Months of doubt and questioning evaporated when she shared that, and I got a glimpse at what was really going on.
SoJoP more_vert
SoJoP
Hang in there. Do what you can and do what you know you should. God has a funny way of making even our seeming failures into something good in the end. On the other side of the equation, I'm constantly amazed at his patience and mercy. It helps me, in times like these, when I, like the woman on my mission, am not living up to my potential, to know that he will patiently put people in my way to help me until I have the strength to do what I need to do. Your actions aren't wasted. When you do what is right, you help people in ways you may never know.
AntiqueRevolverGuy likes this.