1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Henryforward

Hello Friends.
Can you please pray for me I am getting quite frustrated with some intrusive thoughts. They are just negative. Also any tips on taking them captive or stopping that thought process would be appreciated I'd just like to see some victory and start thinking a bit more positively. Thanks and God bless you all.
vicicool, KailianuOf831 and Akeakua like this.
Mr. McMarty more_vert
Mr. McMarty
yep, it's the stuff we put into our minds, to begin with, that bring bad fruit. I love this show called ARCHER but what a bunch of sinful God-hating crud this is. But I can expect that if I put lovely things in my mind I will get lovely things back out.
!mkj! more_vert
!mkj!
Spend time thanking and praising God for the difficult thoughts. They have a purpose in your spiritual growth. All things work together for good Rm 8:28. If you know praise songs sing some of them. It is a good means of spiritual warfare.
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
Yep, I echo the advice above. Find the lies in your thinking and replace them with God's truth. Then, dwell on the truth instead of the lies. If we abide in him, he *will* abide in us; that is his promise to us. Praying for you as you develop the crucial skill of mental discipline. We cannot be very effective disciples without it!
PatrickJames more_vert
PatrickJames
Great advice from all my brothers in Christ. Scripture tells us we are in a spiritual battle which takes place in our minds. Tao hit the nail on the head: identify the lies immediately and replace them with the truth. And the truth shall set you free.
!mkj!, Henryforward and Akeakua like this.
PatrickJames more_vert
PatrickJames
And I wanted to add a thank you to !mkj! for referring to Corinth 8:28. I love that Scripture and I apply it in my prayer life often. For me it's part of letting go and kett
!mkj!, Henryforward and Akeakua like this.
PatrickJames more_vert
PatrickJames
Sorry my post got messed up, lol... For me it's part of letting go and letting God for they may be something I want but I know God is working all things together for my good so I will continue to be patient, have faith, and do my part.
!mkj!, Henryforward and Mr. McMarty like this.
KailianuOf831 more_vert
KailianuOf831
Thanks for sharing. Yes, take negative thought captive and surrender them to Jesus. And also replace them with the truth that God says about you e.g., Psalms 139:14 being fearfully and wonderfully and Romans 12:2 being transformed in your mind. For me, the spiritual warfare is taking every thought captive and intentionally replacing and negative thought or lie with God’s word.
!mkj!, Henryforward and Tao Jones like this.