1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Tom1492

Devotional
Freedom through changing our thinking
You have confessed your sin and trusted in Jesus to help you change. Now let’s be clear about how change starts happening.

Romans 12:2 says you need to let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. The key to learning a new way to handle anything is in changing the way you think. If you want to change the way you act, you don’t focus on feelings. You start by changing the way you think. When you change your thought process, it’s going to change the way you feel and that is eventually going to change your behavior.

This is how you can be “transformed by the renewing of your mind.” That’s what God does for you. He helps you change the destructive thought patterns in your mind and transforms you into a new person.

There is a battle raging for our minds. The flesh wants to draw us away to lust and unhealthy thinking, but the Spirit of God wants us to walk in victory. Do not be deceived by the lies of no one gets hurt or everyone does it. Reject these thoughts and focus on things of the Spirit. Tomorrow we discuss how to stand tall against temptation.

Father God, transform my thinking. Renew and wash my mind by the mighty power of your Word. Help me to see the areas in my own life where I am entertaining bad thinking. Give me the strength this day to walk in victory over this addiction. Amen.