1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by InnerEngineerling

Ey guys,

I'm interested in attending a 10-day Courses Vipassana Meditation (https://www.dhamma.org/nl/index ). This is a big step for me to make as where 1 year ago I find it difficult to meditate for more then 10 minutes a day. Now meditation is getting better and better.

Still I think that I need to attend Vipassana in order to help get control over my mind instead of my mind is controlling me.

Does any of you have experienced a 10 day Vipassana Course? Any other experiences you would like to share regarding useful groupmeditation courses/ retreats?
pancabalani and Christoph108 like this.
Jangchub more_vert
Jangchub
Hi InnerEngineerling, I can say this from my own experience:
A long term view helps. The ten day retreat is great, and a challenge. But the main thing is regularity in your practice and personal guidance from an experienced teacher. And managing your expectations is important, especially when it comes to doing retreat, go in with a realistic mindset.
InnerEngineerling likes this.
Paranimmita more_vert
Paranimmita
I have done a 3 ten day Vipassana courses and they were all great. In that it is 3 main practices - Anapanasati, Vipassana and Metta. This is what needs to be maintained. It is better to do little more often than not, rather than do huge amounts but with less frequency. I wish you well. Its great you managed to do a 10 day retreat in this lockdown.
InnerEngineerling likes this.
mike15 more_vert
mike15
This sounds great! I think it would be helpful to kickstart or re amp your practice! i think the key to meditation like any practice and like nofap is taking it one day at a time and being consistent with it. This will be the most beneficial in the long run. But I do think that retreats like this are a good way to get on the right track and reset your brain!