1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by pamer

Merry Christmas everyone,
I was just thinking in my experiences struggling with PMO since i was 12 and got to the conclusion that this problem won't be solved once and for all unless me from inside changed, my thoughts, my ideas about sexuality, i think it's not about PMO abstinence for a period of time but about being the person who don't want PMO, how can control his body not his body controlling him, who have established principles about sexuality, who is wise ,who sees how much ruin PMO does. but the question is this possible? and if its possible how can it be achieved?

Does the above thoughts seems logical?

as a Christian who grow in a Christian atmosphere i can predict the answer, and the answer is in a person that person can change me and that person is Jesus.
And what i want to know is if someone had this experience of changing from inside , changing of his thoughts and ideas (or in the changing phase) as he follow Jesus?

I know that my English may not be clear pardon me its not my mother language so feel free to ask if something is not clear.
YYY and Tao Jones like this.
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
This is certainly possible! Indeed, it is the sort of life that is promised to all who follow Christ. How do we get from here to there? We learn to trust God in all things, we embrace his identity for us as our own, and we surrender every part of our lives over to his care and control. Trust takes time to build; it does not come in an instant. Read my journal here on NoFap -- it tells my story of learning to trust God enough to put down PMO for good. There is nothing special about me, so if I can do this, so can you -- with Christ's help! Reach out any time if you want to discuss these things further. Onward!
John851, david22 and pamer like this.
Aaron4545 more_vert
Aaron4545
yes there will come a moment when u will not rely on pridiction to know that u can change, but u will be certain that u can do it.
david22 and pamer like this.
Aaron4545 more_vert
Aaron4545
and i highly recommend this book it changes the way i look to pmo and I'm certain it will helpu to do so..SPAM REMOVED (spam code #001) - REPORT TO MODERATION
pamer likes this.
Doveleaf more_vert
Doveleaf
@pamer What's been helping me abstain is when I'm tempted, when that first thought of wanting PMO pops into my mind, I immediately start praying for someone, or start thanking God for specific things. Like thanking Him for my mom, for my job, for beautiful sunsets. For dying on the cross for my sins. It really does start in your head. If you can stop it or shift the thought when it first enters your mind, it's much easier to resist the temptation. You got this!
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
Romans 12:2a - Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
John851 and pamer like this.
pamer more_vert
pamer
@Tao Jones
That's encouraging, thank you!

Exactly, i think that's the keyword "renewing of your mind" is what i am thinking about and looking for.