1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Doveleaf

I'm at 28 days, which is great, but lately I've been feeling a crushing guilt over having done PMO for so long. It has been 10 years. This time I pray I've finally kicked it. I've been clean for 28 days, but horrible guilt about doing it before has just taken hold of me and I can't seem to shake it. Has anyone else experienced that at about a month of abstinence? Is it normal?
Diligentdrive7 likes this.
Healed! more_vert
Healed!
It sounds like the work of the accuser, Satan. Remember your true identity and God’s forgiveness.
Kemar935, Tao Jones, Akeakua and 2 others like this.
frogs2345 more_vert
frogs2345
So you did it in the past? Jesus covered your sins and washed them away. That part of you is dead, and separated as far as east is from west from you. There is no good reason to give in, and guilt is one of the worst.
Knighthawk more_vert
Knighthawk
Romans 8:8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not in the flesh, but in the Spirit!
Kemar935 and Akeakua like this.
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
I was trapped in PMO for 30 years. Some have been in that pit for even longer. The past is gone. We cannot change it. The only day that matters is TODAY. That is the one where we can choose to meet and know Christ. I have sinned in the past. I may sin in the future. But today -- in this moment right NOW -- I choose to be connected with Christ, not separated from him by anything. That is my focus. I can do this because he has forgiven me!
Myfortress more_vert
Myfortress
Regret and shame are definitely tools of the enemy. Remember you are God’s beloved child. A trophy of grace. A masterpiece.

“For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭103:11-12‬ ‭ESV‬‬
https://www.bible.com/59/psa.103.11-12.esv
Diligentdrive7 and Tao Jones like this.
Myfortress more_vert
Myfortress
As far as the East is from the west is never ending on the earth. When you had east around the world you never reach a stopping point.
Diligentdrive7 likes this.
Knighthawk more_vert
Knighthawk
@Tao Jones oops that’s right. An extra 8 there
Tao Jones likes this.