1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Day walker

Anyone here struggle with OCD along with sexual temptation ? May I ask if your on medicine for OCD and if it helps takes the edge off either of the battles ? Do u think OCD makes temptations harder to deal with? Any coping strategies or supplements that help ?
Henryforward likes this.
frogs2345 more_vert
frogs2345
The medicine did not help that much after a couple weeks. Cognitive Behavioral therapy will help. Counseling will help. Look up the Defuse Method. OCD definitely makes it more difficult in some ways, but easier in others. It makes your thoughts easier to predict, since they'll always go the same way.
Day walker likes this.
Henryforward more_vert
Henryforward
Yep I did for a while as well as intrusive thoughts. Now I barely have them at all and when they pop up they don't worry me anymore so they then have no power. You need to practice replacing the obsessive or intrusive thought with a positive thought or a truth.
Day walker likes this.
Henryforward more_vert
Henryforward
It takes a little practice but it really works I've read books on replacement therapy and that's basically it in a nutshell. You don't try to stop or argue with the thought you instead think about something different a truth or something positive and that nasty or negative thought loses its power over you. And the less you get bothered by them the less power they get. Pray for a bit of help but between prayer and practicing replacing the lie with truth. Which is something Tao taught me a while ago and I can testify it truly works.
Day walker and Myfortress like this.
Henryforward more_vert
Henryforward
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. John 8:32 I am now a firm believer that any mental illness can be healed by spending more time with God in the word and prayer also praise. If you practice replacing the lie with truth you wont have to live with this.
ndrew more_vert
ndrew
What is "OCD"?
Day walker likes this.