1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Tao Jones

“We all are on a trajectory from what we are to what we will be. The moral absolutes found in Scripture rightly orient us on the road map. But the process heads out on the actual long, long journey in the right direction. What matters most is not the distance you’ve covered. It’s not the speed you’re going. It’s not how long you’ve be on the journey or how much time you have left. It’s the direction you're heading.”
- Dr. Dave Powlison
https://www.songtime.com/sanctification-is-a-direction-by-david-powlison/
Barnabas_, Akeakua, CPilot and 7 others like this.
CPilot more_vert
CPilot
Commenting on your posts is to guild the lily but I am inspired to anyway. This quote reminds me of one of my most treasured verses Matt 20:10-14 and particularly the words " it is my pleasure to give as much to this late-comer as thee." God's mercy is so incredibly greater than a mere human's selfish understanding of mercy. He never closes the door to us, no matter how short or long a time we have come to love Him. Isn't our God fantastic?
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
There is no God like him. He alone is worthy to receive our worship. We are eternally blessed to know him!
Kemar935 more_vert
Kemar935
Wow what a great article, this reminds me of the person who was next to Jesus on the cross before he died. Some preacher the other day also said that the world tends to think in grades. If I do this or that, then I will have done enough to go to the kingdom of God. But God is only focused on which direction we are actually facing
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
When Moses erected the bronze serpent on the pole in the wilderness as a cure for the snakebites the people had suffered, even those who were very far away from the serpent still lived as long as they looked to it. This is a picture that the Scripture gives to us of Christ in his saving work on the cross. It is one we do not consider very often -- at least I don't! :) But it is a helpful image.
Barnabas_ more_vert
Barnabas_
Thanks for this. I like what D.Powlison writes - a lot :)
Henryforward likes this.