1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by 1Peter5:8

Haven't posted in a long while. My life is in a really good place, new home, good job, I've been reading scripture 4-5 days a week for 30+ minutes. But I am definitely in a relapse mode. I feel I have let my guard down. While I'm not slipping everyday, it's been consistent a couple times a week. I've been going to confession regularly after but it's like the temptation, addiction has intensified the closer I try to walk with God in the scriptures and through prayer. I need to refocus, this cannot be beaten alone or through sheer will power. Please pray for me brothers. I continually pray for all of you.
Gallade_Templar more_vert
Gallade_Templar
The devil is redoubling his efforts to attack you because he knows he's on the verge of losing you to the grace and love of God. Continue to have hope! God has provided everything we need to draw close to Him and to abide in Him.
Swazzy 1 and Phil 3:12-16 like this.
CPilot more_vert
CPilot
I found the same. Before COVID, I attended confession frequently. Afterwards, I always felt the joy of a big burden being lifted from me but for reasons I can't explain these feelings of elation frequently prompted me to lower my guard. I see now that each of my falls were preceded by a relaxation of my vow for daily heartfelt prayer and relaxation of my commitment to avoid all occasions of lust. I was able to attend confession a couple of weeks ago after a long hiatus. Once again, I felt a huge burden being lifted from me but being wary of the dangers of relaxation, I didn't experience the same temptations.
Swazzy 1 and Phil 3:12-16 like this.
ANSE more_vert
ANSE
I agree with Gallade_Templar the devil hates humanity and wants us to hurt God with our sins. I have to confess that a few moments ago, I was feeling tempted by being kind of bored, but reading this post has given me hope because you continue in the fight. Remember that we are here for you, and we are in this together. I leave a video I came across:
Gallade_Templar, Theto and CPilot like this.
1Peter5:8 more_vert
1Peter5:8
Thank you for that. Great video
Gallade_Templar likes this.