1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by LivinginRecovery

There comes a point where I've just got to accept it. I am a Christian. I have fought it valiantly for years. I have applied logic to it. I have done everything within my power to not be a Christian. I have studied every other religion and none. I have declared myself a host of different things. To no avail. I guess I wanted to believe a) That I could do things on my own and b) I was afraid people would laugh or mock me if they knew I believed in God and particularly Jesus Christ. I have just prayed to God repenting of former actions/behaviours and asked to be forgiven by Him. I immediately feel a sense of peace, something which has been missing from my life for a very long time. I feel His presence here right now. I feel I am a part of something greater. I feel Him. I believe and it's great to be here. I have found a local church and I shall attend this coming Sunday. Thanks for listening.
RitzyPETE123 more_vert
RitzyPETE123
Thats a great read mate. I too was once an athiest (a hardcore one too), I used to hate anything to do with faith! It is amazing the ways in which God brings us to him! I wish you all the best for attending church on Sunday!
Jason911 more_vert
Jason911
What an excellent testimony!
LivinginRecovery more_vert
LivinginRecovery
Thank you @RitzyPETE123. I have always believed, this is what is crazy. I attended church for years, was baptized in a river 10 years ago and Christened as an infant. Always, I felt Him calling me back into the fold. I was arrogant, I didn't want to know.
Mr. Blah and Jason911 like this.
LivinginRecovery
It's been a funny old day. I really felt the Devil trying to get in to drag me back to my old life of fapping and time-wasting, however, I called out to Him for protection. I then prayed and I feel His presence strong and insurmountable beside me.
Greyborne and Deleted Account like this.
RitzyPETE123 more_vert
RitzyPETE123
Just think of how Job felt when he was being tempted so much to denounce God all the way through his suffering, even by his own family!
Greyborne and LivinginRecovery like this.
LivinginRecovery
That's a good point. Thank you and God Bless.
Mr. Blah more_vert
Mr. Blah
Great story Living Recovery. I'm touched because not too long i strayed away from His teachings and I lost my faith. But I'm happy to say that I'm a firm believer in Christ and I've changed my ways because of him.
LivinginRecovery and Greyborne like this.