1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Tao Jones

[​IMG]

I process firewood from a woods behind my house on a fairly steep hill. This photo was taken yesterday after we had hauled a bunch of cut and split pieces of wood to the edge of the trees where we could load it into a utility vehicle to then transport it up to the house.

Can you see my little path in the middle of the photo? When we started to process of walking back and forth, this path was littered with little saplings, roots, and lots of deadfall. As we worked, part of what we did was to clear the path of any debris that might trip us up. Tripping on an incline while carrying a heavy load is no fun at all and can cause serious injury.

Sometimes, I'll spend an entire firewood work session just clearing a path in preparation for some future work. No one would think this time is wasted. Indeed, it is essential to completing the objective. Without putting in time and energy on this prep work, the "real" work of more directly achieving the end goal: manageable pieces of firewood at the house ready to be burned for heat.

It is the same for us in the battle against PMO. When debris that might trip us up is in our path, we must either find a different route to take or remove from the path those things that will cause us to fall. Failure to do so directly prevents us from achieving the end goal: a mind and heart free of lust. If we will not put time and energy into this necessary prep work, we will never attain this desirable objective.

I love that the Kingdom and our lives in it are so eminently practical! We can understand why we do what we do at every step of the process. It is hard work to be a disciple, but it is good work, not without deep satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment!
segaclt, Tom1492, skybrowser and 14 others like this.
Don'tLookBack more_vert
Don'tLookBack
You, sir, are an amazing example to us all!
Ready to Stop and Ares44 like this.
SwedishViking more_vert
SwedishViking
This post is basically how to quit. Find what works, keep doing what works. If you fail, find the reason why, remove that obstacle. For me, what works is seeking God, and removing video games. And most importantly, sticking to it.
Ready to Stop, Samuru1 and Tao Jones like this.
Tom1492 more_vert
Tom1492
That's an awesome reminder Tao, thank you. I have been having to remove some debris from my path that has been causing me to relapse, even though at first I didn't even realize that it was memes and articles that friends were sending me. I had a serious discussion with them today about my goals on staying clean. They told me that they were purposely doing it to make me fall because they were jealous that I was doing well. I have already forgiven them and they are joining me on my path to commit and stay clean. That was one full tree removed from paths.