1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Reason-Searching

Mates, I need advice. Not long ago, I failed my chemistry test although I studied all day long for it. It made me really upset. I know that the urges can find a way in through this. So, I need some sort of advice what should I do. I don't want to stay away from God just because of some test.
Ready to Stop likes this.
CPilot more_vert
CPilot
You have made an important recognition that times of sadness and self-pity can make one more vulnerable to temptation. When I knew I was particularly vulnerable, I put my laptop somewhere very inconvenient to reach and I got busy doing other things that didn't require a computer. If I had to use my computer, I made sure there were others around when I did so. Ultimately, however, these measures depend on our willpower which is bound to fail at some point. Lasting help is found by asking Christ to fight your temptations for you. This essential advice can be found in Philippians 3:2-10. Read it a few times. The answer is there.
Tao Jones and Ready to Stop like this.
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
Keep things in perspective. In an eternal context, what does a chemistry test matter? Anything in comparison with your own soul?
Samuru1 more_vert
Samuru1
Something that might help is reminding yourself of the truth that I'm sure you already know -- giving in to an urge will not make you feel better tomorrow. Gently remind yourself that failing a test happens and even if you have to take the class over again it's not the end of the world.