1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Reason-Searching

Helloooooo. So, now I'm at my chemistry extra class and I ponder something that relates to my username, "Why did I start NoFap?". I've received advice that your why has to be strong to able to succeed. However, I can't find that strong why. There's one "why" that kept me going until the 32nd day. It's because I'm fighting to win my crush. However, I relapsed because my mate told me that my crush has already taken. Knowing that, I can actually find another crush but, it's very risky. Therefore, can you all give me tips how to find my "strong why" or share yours.
CPilot more_vert
CPilot
Yours is a great question and one we should all be asking. So, I hope to offer some food for thought. PMO is addictive. Like any addiction, the more you indulge it, the more you want of it until it is a constant debilitating preoccupation. A consuming preoccupation does not bring you peace but rather anxiety. It doesn't bring lasting happiness, only fleeting pleasure. It doesn't build self-confidence, because you are self-conscious of your weakness, and this not an attractive quality to prospective mates. Most importantly for Christians, PMO is a form of adultery which is a serious sin that separates us from God.
Myfortress more_vert
Myfortress
My why is so that I can have closer intimacy with God and be tuned to what He is doing in my life. Nofap is a good place to confess and be held accountable.
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
I want something real. P is fake. MO turns a joint activity into a solo one and robs it of its power for intimacy and connection. PMO is a liar, a thief, and a destroyer. It will take and take until it has taken everything. It robbed me of over 25 years of my life. I will not give it one second more.
Reason-Searching more_vert
Reason-Searching
Mates, now I realised after writing my journal for the day why my crush was my strongest reason for NoFap. Because, I hope that I can be with her and I can experience comfort. Now I get it, it's all about comfort and I thought PMO can bring me that comfort. However, it's temporary. That's why THAT'S WHY I'M ON NOFAP. I'M CHASING THAT COMFORT THAT'S NEVER ENDING. The comfort of living as a disciple, to reach my dreams, to be a whole better human being. Mates, this is a discovery. I thank God that He helped me today. This is proof that He's here, He exists, and He cares.
XandeXIV more_vert
XandeXIV
My why is because God changed my heart to recognise that PMO itself has no why. I realised that it is completely futile and there just is no reward. Any 'reward' only reinforces my need for it, which makes me weaker when I'm not doing it. I realised this at a deep, deep level that I find difficult to articulate, but that difficulty in itself is evidence to me that God has truly set my heart against PMO.