1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by LonelyStrength

A question if maybe anyone has experience this before ... but has anyone experience strong or extreme anxiety after relapse ? the past 2 weeks after 2 relapse within that time frame I had anxiety at night where i couldn't sleep and felt heavy anguish, but also in the past i wouldn't feel like this... Is this normal? after affect of continuously trying to refuse sin? ... this does hurt , real pain mentally and physically ... confused here ... thanks guys
Vicit_fidem more_vert
Vicit_fidem
I don't experience anxiety after a lapse, but more of a "down" and feel numb. Sorry to hear about your anxiety. Will reading your Bible before sleep help?
SilentWolfSong more_vert
SilentWolfSong
I do get anxiety after a relapse, but I think it exacerbates the anxiety I have genetically and from my childhood
Vicit_fidem more_vert
Vicit_fidem
I see. Have you sought any help for this in the past? I think I am a bit naturally anxious to begin with, maybe from some childhood events. But I never linked it to the relapsing. (I'm sure it doesn't help. I notice it makes it harder to socialize)
SilentWolfSong more_vert
SilentWolfSong
I'm not OP :p but it definitely made it harder to socialize, esp working in a highly-female place of work. Shame works a number.
Vicit_fidem more_vert
Vicit_fidem
@SilentWolfSong woops i didn't notice that haha. definitely. I'm in nursing and it's female dominated too. After around the 3 week mark I noticed better confidence and just overall better socializing with coworkers. If only I remember this more often in moments of temptation!
SilentWolfSong likes this.
skybrowser more_vert
skybrowser
I wouldn't say I experience extreme anxiety per se after a relapse. I definitely feel shame, disappointment etc, but I'm aware the enemy will use that moment to try and 'kick me' while I feel down but I remind myself or even say aloud that I'm redeemed by the blood of Christ keep on going. If I feel worse than usual than I would probably listen to a sermon whilst going for a walk if it is day.
Vicit_fidem and SilentWolfSong like this.