1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Roberto Jim

Hello, as I commented a few days ago, I was very motivated and practically immune from Friday until yesterday, but today ... I started with some dangerous symptoms:

- Tiredness (for sleeplessness to be aware of my children who want to get sick)
- Stress (for workload and upcoming date to deliver my thesis)
- Distraction (for fatigue and stress I have tried to distract myself in idle things, such as surfing the Internet watching motorcycles and on Facebook, which I know is not very good to be idle, but I feel that somehow I lower the stress or at least it serves as an escape)

These circumstances lead me straight to a relapse, and as precisely at this moment begin to come thoughts that stimulate me and certainly are appetizing as they release dopamine, I decided to come here and refocus, share what is happening right now and stop at this time.

To be honest I think this is the "MOMENTUM" bone the key moment to STOP and add more fuel to the fire of motivation, well-being and self-control and not fall the slippery of the PMO.

Now that I have read several posts and I am writing here, my mind has been cleared, and I am also very committed to all of you to set a good example to support and strengthen you. So I can say that today I would have fallen, but no, here I am firm and at least TODAY I will not fall.

I'll be back to tell you how my day ended.

I invite you to do this exercise that I have done now, it worked for me very well.
Tannhauser likes this.
Person people more_vert
Person people
It is wonderful that you were able to prevent yourself. I have also noticed that I am most vulnerable when I am tired, but for me it is more specifically after I exercise. I will likely employ this same strategy that you have suggested, and I will make sure that I am aware of the circumstances that make me vulnerable to mistakes. Thank you so much for your post!
Roberto Jim likes this.