1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by MusicMan123

Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and you perish in the way, for his wrath is quickly kindled. Blessed are all who take refuge in him.
Psalms 2:11‭-‬12 ESV
https://bible.com/bible/59/psa.2.11-12.ESV
1 Tes. 4:3 more_vert
1 Tes. 4:3
incredible, I just read Psalm 2 this morning, and even quoted this verse and made a note!

We are in the same Spirit :)
MusicMan123 more_vert
MusicMan123
Read this today in my Daily Light Devotional: "But put on the Lord Jesus Christ and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts. Romans 13:14 That's my prayer for you and me today, brothers.
Myfortress more_vert
Myfortress
I will tell of the decree: The Lord said to me, "You are my Son; today I have begotten you.
Psalms 2:7 ESV
https://bible.com/bible/59/psa.2.7.ESV
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
I really struggle with passages like this. We know that God is love and that perfect love drives out fear. I have the baggage of growing up with a rage-filled man as my earthly father, so I know that being afraid of your dad is not a good thing. This was helpful to me, and maybe it will be to you, too, if you also struggle with passages like this: https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/rejoice-with-trembling
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
One other note: I am learning that the wrath of God is his great hatred toward sin -- anything that separates us from him. He knows we can only live when connected to him; apart from him there is no life! So anything that gets in the way of that, he does not like and wants to eradicate it. Jesus took all our sin on himself at the cross and God burned it out of existence with his wrath. (Maybe not the best phrase. I am still finding language for this.) That wrath is not directed at us, his children, but at sin that separates. That helps me to think of.
Colin75 and Romans 6 23 like this.
Myfortress more_vert
Myfortress
Yes and immorality is one of those sins that he hates that keeps us from getting close to him.
1 Tes. 4:3 likes this.
Myfortress more_vert
Myfortress
Brothers I am in need of prayer. Despite my successful reboot and my desire to redeem the relationship with my wife, I am not seeing any progress. Things are still tense and mostly businesses like between us. Please pray for me to embrace God's timing and process. I need patience and perseverance. I need to go moment by moment through this process like a reboot. I used to feel sorry for myself when things got tense and relapse. I am not going to do it. I am going to get past my emotions and rely on God. I know he can redeem my marriage I just need to be patient.
Tao Jones and Colin75 like this.
Colin75 more_vert
Colin75
Praying for you @Myfortress , and i will also follow you. Send me a message if you need any help. Shalom,Colin.
Myfortress likes this.