1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by ForABetterLife20

Brothers and sisters,

*trigger warnings*

I would like to ask for your prayers. Last night I hooked up with a girl through an app that has only caused me trouble in the past. I told myself "It's different this time," "I'm smarter this time," "I deserve this after this semester." All. Complete. Lies. The short story is, she wasn't on birth control and I didn't really pull out in time. I am a communing member of a body of Christ. I believe in no sex before marriage. It just took me having sex for the first time (a year and a half ago or so) to make me realize how special and significant it was.

This time wasn't really different. Both of us were pretty pent up after a hard semester, and we weren't careful. I don't really know what to do. I promised God that if nothing came of it, I would dedicate and commit the next 5 years of my life to Him and the building of His kingdom in sanctity, purity, and cleanliness. Any critiquing comments you may have I have already thought about and slaved over. I'm sorry, forgive me, and please pray for my healing. I don't know what I'll do if something happens.
Drew15 more_vert
Drew15
I prayed that whatever is best for your relationship with God is what will
Deleted Account likes this.
pman22 more_vert
pman22
Hi! Praying God leads you. One thing I’ve seen is, it’s better generally not to make promises to God. He is Yahweh and never breaks a promise, but we as humans tend to. It’s better to go with Godly sorrow and a true repentant heart over your sin, and begin to seek God simply because you love him and know you need him. I’m believing him for a miracle for you and that everything will work for his glory! God bless you
Tao Jones and Deleted Account like this.
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
Get forgiveness and get back on track. Praying for you. There is always a price to be paid when we eat fruit out of season. Sometimes the price seems negligible, sometimes it seems high. As someone who has had a child outside of marriage, I can confirm it's an experience that is not much fun. (Even less so for her!) God decides the consequences in each case, and we can trust him to do what is best, despite our many failures. Often, pain is the only tool he has left to try to break through our thick heads and hard hearts. Though he slay us, yet will we trust him!
Drew15 more_vert
Drew15
Although the consequences of having a child outside of marriage may be severe, I don’t think it’s Biblical to view the child as a punishment. No child deserves to be viewed by their father as a punishment from God. Think Hagar and Ishmael. Screwed up situation. Child outside of marriage, severe consequences. But in Genesis Chaoe God still loved and blessed the ‘illegitimate’ child.
Drew15 more_vert
Drew15
Genesis Chapters 16-17. I keep hitting enter too soon!! Anyways. God is sovereign and good and no matter what happens He still is my brothers.
Drew15 more_vert
Drew15
I’m not going after you Tao Jones, sorry if it comes across that way. Just wanting to clarify between consequences and punishment because I think we often view the two as always synonymous.
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
No slight taken, @Drew15 . You will note I did not use the word "punishment" in my response. I am glad my firstborn son is in the world because he now has a chance to know God himself, but the circumstances around his entry into it were very, very difficult. Better by far to do things according to God's good plan rather than working against it or going outside of it. There are *always* consequences when we do so, even though God will bring good out of our sins.
Drew15 and ForABetterLife20 like this.