1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by frogs2345

Guys,
I just feel hopeless. I can't get past more than a few days. And then I end up shaking like crazy trying to resist after that. I have no faith in myself to even follow what God tells me. I just feel empty inside. PMO isn't even pleasurable anymore. It just stops the ache for a while. I feel like my faith isn't there anymore when it comes to affecting my life. Sure, for other people, I will pray and blessings pour out on them, and I rejoice. But for myself I don't feel worthy and I feel like I never see it happen in my life. I feel like whatever I ask is never right or that God won't answer me.
AfricanSunset more_vert
AfricanSunset
Jesus loved you, saved you and died for you long before you where born. He is waiting for you to tell Him that you can not do this or have the strenth. He has the strenth. He also has the faith. We live through the faith of Christ.
skywalkersbo more_vert
skywalkersbo
@frogs2345 do not give up! Jesus loves you and is waiting for you to depend solely on him, on his strenght, like @AfricanSunset wisely said :D
AfricanSunset likes this.
Glass Cow more_vert
Glass Cow
Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed. John 8:36. He died for all of us so that we could be free. God's word is absolute. Lord, I pray that the spirit of lust comes out this man in Jesus' name. Amen. Remember sin ALWAYS leads to death stay strong brother you have Christ on your side.
Looking4Freedom more_vert
Looking4Freedom
@frogs2345 my dear brother. when were we ever worthy? but you are loved! The Bible says "You see, at just the right time, when we were still *powerless*, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5) I can do all things through Christ who strenghens me. (Philippians 4:13). I know what you're going through. I am praying that your hope and eyes are set on Jesus who loves you and is Lord and Saviour over PMO.
skywalkersbo and emanuel_free like this.
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
Really love the responses so far. I do think Jesus leads us through this "valley of the shadow of death" so that we learn, once and for all, that we must stop relying on our own power and will to see us through. We are simply not strong enough. It is only through total trust in and reliance on him that we will be able to enter the glory of the life he has in store for us in himself. Take it a day at a time, and do not give up. Deliverance is just ahead, if you do not grow complacent.
skywalkersbo and emanuel_free like this.
Tao Jones more_vert
Tao Jones
In your post, @frogs2345 , you are focused on all the lies of the enemy. Take each of those statements, run them by the Spirit to help you find the lies, and replace them with the truth of his promises to us. The guys here have already supplied you with a good start on that. When you're in the dark, it can seem like all is darkness, but never forget: Dispelling the darkness is as simple as turning on the Light! I am praying for you and calling you up to a new and better kind of life. Leave PMO behind, no matter what it takes -- even if it means enduring the shakes for hours at a time as you resist! (That is what it took for me -- and more.)
emanuel_free more_vert
emanuel_free
We all have been there. God never gives up on us, so we can't give up on Him. Spurgeon also said that we are too prone to engrave our trials in marble and write our blessings in sand! I know I do it more than I'd like to! Prayers for you! Ask the strength you need just for today tomorrow will bring its own worries. One day at a time!