1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Johnnybgud3

1 Corinthians 10:13 “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.” Meditating on this verse and praying as I walk away from an urge. I always have to remind myself that I do not desire P or M but a relationship with a woman I love and trust. I must grow in faith and learn discipline before He can trust me with one of His daughters.
Leone more_vert
Leone
I agree brother 100%. We have to stick together though and help each other, because alone we almost always fail
!mkj! more_vert
!mkj!
I'm praying for you, brother. Don't let Satan convince you to stop. Listen to Holy Spirit who tells you to love others as Jesus love us and the urge to pmo will be overcome through the grace received from loving others.
PatrickJames more_vert
PatrickJames
I love that Scripture. Trust that God will provide you with the way of escape. However you have to do your part. Lord, help is to walk with You today, to follow Your paths. Amen.
Johnnybgud3 likes this.
!mkj! more_vert
!mkj!
The Lord provides the way and the grace for us to do our part. "...it is God who is at work in you, enabling you both to will and to work for his good pleasure..." (Phil 2:13) The good thoughts to do what's right come from Him. and
Johnnybgud3, John851 and PatrickJames like this.
!mkj! more_vert
!mkj!
the inertia to put into motion what the thoughts suggest is Him at work as well. All we actually do is accept Him working withing us. We have the ability to say yes or no to what He is doing.
Johnnybgud3 and PatrickJames like this.
!mkj! more_vert
!mkj!
Sometimes saying yes to Him working in us can be very difficult and it seems like we're actually having to do the work, but it is Him doing the work and us saying yes to it.
!mkj! more_vert
!mkj!
So, I think a really accurate prayer could be something like: Lord help us to say yes to what you're doing in us. Amen.
!mkj! more_vert
!mkj!
The times when it becomes easier to obey Him is a time of additional grace working within us. 25 days ago I received additional grace to be immediately honest and tell my wife when/if I failed.
!mkj! more_vert
!mkj!
The emotional pain (shame and embarrassment) involved in saying yes to that commitment was enormous. I had to tell her two times in four days that I fell. Feeling that pain of failing and hurting her is what now keeps me from falling.
!mkj! more_vert
!mkj!
Today makes 21 days I have said yes to what He is doing in me. It's been hard sometimes, but where I would have fallen previously I now realize I will have to immediately bring my darkness into the light and tell my wife. That is the only thing that stopped me.
!mkj! more_vert
!mkj!
...and continues to stop me. Even just minutes ago an erotic story I once read was stoking the fire of pmo. If I didn't have the grace to be faithful to my commitment of immediate honesty I would be involved with pmo right now instead of writing here.
!mkj! more_vert
!mkj!
Doing our part is saying yes rather than no to what the Lord is doing inside us. "...it is God who is at work in you, enabling you both to will and to work for his good pleasure." (Phil 2:13)
PatrickJames more_vert
PatrickJames
@!mkj! Thank you for sharing brother. And for your wisdom. Amen. I say "Here am I Lord. Speak to me Your servant is listening." Amen.
Tao Jones and !mkj! like this.
Johnnybgud3 more_vert
Johnnybgud3
@!mkj! I connected with your story so much. In a previous relationship when I was much younger and did not know how harmful P is and I was spiritually vacant I hid it from her and I hurt her because she did not understand why I would reject her or why she felt as if she wasn't enough for me. It took years for me to forgive myself and at least another year to be able to apologize to her. There is a spiritual war going on, and we must be active in our faith and purposeful in our lives.
John851 and !mkj! like this.