1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by Tao Jones

The author of the article below encourages us to practice being still in God's presence. I can attest to the fact that this can be very hard to do! But it is true that we will meet God in those quiet moments. His Word can become our constant companion and his promises to us will become very great and most precious, if we keep our attention focused on them continually. It is a discipline to do so but one with very high payoff. It is well worth the effort!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.morethanasundayfaith.com/2021/08/synced/

There was a Korean sleep study that demonstrated human hearts synchronize when couples slept in the same bed.

David wrote in Ps. 63:5-6 that he experienced the same sense of satisfaction meditating on God while on his bed at night as he did after eating a great meal.

Who is with you while you sleep? Jesus. You can sync your stressed out heart with His calm-soothing one.

I friend suggested I do an experiment. While sitting in my rocking chair, after spending time confessing my sin, hurts, and disappointments, I simply shut my mouth and close my Bible.

Do you know how hard it is not to say, do or think about anything? Yet, Psalm 46:10 says, “Be still (aka stop trying to make things happen) and know that I am God.” Seriously, be still. Sit in His presence and experience/know your God.

David also wrote in Ps. 16:11 that he experienced pleasure and joy to its fullest while being in God’s presence. His heart began to beat as God’s.

Get in sync with your God. Go to sleep with His truths on your mind. Isaiah 26:3 reveals that God keeps in perfect peace those whose mind is focused on Him. You are synced.

Get in sync with your God. Quietly sit in His presence and let His peace overcome you. You are synced.

God’s Word is true. But you’ll only really know it’s true when you practice it.