1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Post published by samsonhanson

"No matter how earnestly we attempt to break our bad habits and addictions, we are unlikely to succeed if we spend all our time and emotion focusing on the sins instead of the solution, which is changing the focus of our thoughts so that we have a closer relationship with Christ. When we pray about stopping our improper behaviors, without addressing out improper thought patterns, we unwittingly defeat ourselves. Remember the spiritual law, WHAT HOLDS MY ATTENTION HOLDS ME. When we get our attention off of the symptoms we are compulsively acting out and learn to focus it on Jesus Christ and his promises of deliverance, our lives will be changed. Focusing our thoughts on christ instead of on our sins opens the door to our hearts and makes it possible for him to reach inside and remove the compulsions and desires for evil."

This is from the book Putting on the Armor of God: How to Win Your Battles with Satan. This book has helped me immensely in my recovery. It gives myriads of great advice for overcoming temptations, along with a bunch of scriptural references, which I enjoy. I strongly reccommend everyone on here to buy a copy of this book. Here's a link to it on deseret book's site, but you can find cheaper used versions on amazon.

https://deseretbook.com/p/putting-armor-god-steven-cramer-7954?variant_id=101676-paperback
hope4travis likes this.