- United States
Share This Page
New Fapstronaut, Male, from United States
- IonicWind was last seen:
- Apr 5, 2021
- United States
- Preferred Pronouns:
- He / Him / His
I am a 26yr old bisexual man. I began watching porn around the age of 13, but it was within a household that the very act was made extremely shameful and was not talked about. My sex education consisted of what I was able to teach myself from a set of encyclopedias we had in our home and then the porn that I was exposed to. As an adult my religious views have since changed and while I no longer attach guilt or shame to the act of masturbating to porn, I know objectively that it is not healthy.
It is difficult for me to say how strong my dependency on porn is. Over the years, I have been able to go weeks without it at times, but then at other times in my life I find myself watching it multiple times of day.
I am embarking on a 90 day reset with no masturbation or orgasming also. My reasons:
- I want to regain time and energy spent jacking off to a screen and redirect it to more productive activities-- self development and building better relationships.
- Build confidence in my ability to self-regulate and respond to urges and difficult emotions
- Stop objectifying the bodies of women and men, and making unfair comparisons to my own body.
- Learn how to bring more intimacy to sex.
- While I do not question my sexual orientation, I do want to clarify in my mind what are my sexual desires and fantasies, without porn influencing those thoughts.
- Reduce porn-induced anorgasmia and pressure to perform. Isolate the effect medications have on sexual drive and function.
I am looking for accepting and supportive accountability partners. I also want to be a cheerleader for anyone else's self journey.