1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and older accountability, Group 2

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by persona2903, Nov 13, 2019.

1. jw2021

jw2021 Fapstronaut

As I have shared, I had a lot of side effects for the last two days; GI issues, brain fog, and lethargy. Today was a really good day! It has been a while since I have been 8 days free. The last 4 years have been heavy PM. Today was like a wake up day for me. I felt and thought much like I was years ago. I spent a lot of time listening to music I haven't heard or even thought of for years. I spent a few hours working on my business. Sales have declined about 70% and it has a lot to do with my previous PM habit. I look forward to getting it back in shape. I also stared bodybuilding again today. I very much enjoyed that. It feels like I have been in a coma the last 4 years. I don't know if any of you have experienced that feeling but that is what it feels like for me. I am really getting excited about life and my future.

2. Grimace8777

Grimace8777 Fapstronaut

3. nonfap

nonfap Fapstronaut

I'm really glad to read your last post here.

I think I am in a mild brain fog here today but it may not be due 100% to no PMO. So I may get out of it soon.

I'm feeling good overall but I feel really good when I think about how I've almost completed my 14 day goal. It will be a little over 24 hours to complete it I believe.

I'm still not there yet and I need to get there first, but I'm really happy just thinking about it.

persona2903, ANewFocus and jw2021 like this.
  4. Grimace8777

Grimace8777 Fapstronaut

5. jw2021

jw2021 Fapstronaut

That is awesome. I can't wait to celebrate 14 days with you!

6. Grimace8777

Grimace8777 Fapstronaut

7. nonfap

nonfap Fapstronaut

@jw2021 Thank you. Wow yes, now I am celebrating. I may go get a slice of pizza or something like that. Your current 10 days is great. Keep up the good work and watch out for the pitfalls. Your day 14 is right around the corner, just hold on and stay focused on it.

I just updated my signature with the 14 day underlined.

I was busy working on something and then the thought of P hit me and how good it would be. I immediately was sad or frustrated by that thought/desire. I thought I better visit NoFap and post right away, since I was already planing to try to post sometime today.

I really am celebrating day 14 completed but I'm also beginning to shift my focus to day 21 which should be 1 week from today. So next Saturday, same time, same place. Wow, this is still a short time but it has helped me a lot to really keep sight of my goals daily. I should be able to make it to day 21, but I can't lose focus on it. And I just need to make it there now.

persona2903 and jw2021 like this.
  8. jw2021

jw2021 Fapstronaut

This is so great. I am super excited for your 14 days of freedom and look forward to seeing you make it 21 days and beyond!

nonfap and persona2903 like this.
  9. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

I slipped yesterday. My wife was away for a day and I came home in afternoon. Got in bed to take nap. Though crossed my mind and I immediately said yes and I was off to the races for two effing hours. With my filters, I could only get boring stuff and it was a lackluster excuse for a relapse. It wasn’t worth it at all.
    Lesson, I have to plan better when my wife is gone for a long period and what my actions at home will be.

persona2903 likes this.
  10. jw2021

jw2021 Fapstronaut

It seems like you have learned from your failure and put things in place to prevent it from happening again. That is something you can be proud of. Keep pressing toward your goals!

nonfap, persona2903 and ANewFocus like this.
  11. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

I’m trying. Good reminder that I feel absolutely like shit today.

12. jw2021

jw2021 Fapstronaut

I'm almost at Day 12. It has been a very long time since I have made it this far and I am so thankful! For the last two days, I have had some insomnia. It is weird because when I first go to bed I sleep like a rock. Then I start having weird dreams and the other half of my night I can't sleep. It has really tired me out but I remain strong and determined to keep PM behind me. I attribute the side effect to my brain healing. I have been taking a couple power naps through the day when I get really tired.

persona2903 likes this.
  13. Pathfinder01

Pathfinder01 Fapstronaut

Checking in, day 4. Gotta get to at least 7 this time...

nonfap, persona2903 and jw2021 like this.
  14. Grimace8777

Grimace8777 Fapstronaut

Day 30, now on 2nd longest streak in adult history.

15. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Congratulations!!!

nonfap and jw2021 like this.
  16. Grimace8777

Grimace8777 Fapstronaut

Day 31 thanks for the well wishes!

nonfap, persona2903 and jw2021 like this.
  17. jw2021

jw2021 Fapstronaut

Time has really flew since I started on this site. It has been two weeks since one of the worst days of my life. I had a relapse and a several hours long PM session. Afterword's I felt the worst I ever had. I went to bed and couldn't sleep. I just laid there sweating with my chest pounding. That night shortly after midnight, I got my wife up and we had a long talk and I told her about my childhood all the way up to that day and I told her I made a firm decision to quit! She has knew about this for years and supports me! I also realized just today that I have been addicted to this stuff my entire adult life(and part of my teen years).

Now, I am two weeks a free man! For the first time in my adult life, I know what true freedom feels like. I couldn't be more thankful to God, for this site, and for all of you have who helped and supported me!

ANewFocus, nonfap and persona2903 like this.
  18. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

nonfap and jw2021 like this.
  19. Human07

Human07 Fapstronaut

I am on day 5 14 October

jw2021 likes this.
  20. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

Do whatever you can to keep this going.

persona2903 and jw2021 like this.