1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

90 days!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Uphillfighter22, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Uphillfighter22

Uphillfighter22 Fapstronaut

It' been a journey of ups and downs (progress is not linear) but I've made it to 90 days on PM mode (spouse).
    To be accurate its been 90 days of no P and only about 75 days of no M as i made a few uneducated mistakes early in my journey.

The journey has not been easy, but the price has to be paid to return to normal. A "repentance" if you will, for those of us choosing spirituality. I long for the innocence of my childhood and this is the only way to reclaim it.

Anyways benefits so far:

-Less traffic in the mind. Clearer, less images. This happened around days 65-67. The mind made many attempts to retake what I've gained (again, progress is not linear) but you get better at telling it to be quiet.

-Less anxiety and depression. To be blunt, they have not gone away but they no longer have the same effect as when i first started. Again, you just get better at telling your brain to be quite. A few breathing techniques have helped. For myself, recitation of certain truths (biblical or personal truths) also help. I also meditate in the evenings (read: prayer) with songs and readings.

-overall better confidence, better conversationalist! Am also noticing my wife more!

Theres more but I'll move on to some of the remnants:

-negative thoughts still pop up here and there. They are less, and gain, the brain is better at shushing them but it is still annoying.

-P induced thoughts and images also still there from time to time. Same shushing from the brain. I'm
    hoping and praying that these quiet down in time. I know they will

Some tips:

-Exercise! I've been a gym rat for a while but the beginning of my reboot caused me to put exercise on hold. I've been sick the past few weeos but have been back to the gym since day 45!

-Avoid stimulants. This relates to exercise as well as I used to take pre workout. Certain substances in the preworkout cause you to focus which unfortunately in my case, foced me to focus on the negative as well. I've given up stimulants which includes coffee (damn i miss coffee, used to have 5 sugarless cups a day!) I've stuck to tea

-Confess your sins to one another for healing. If you haven't yet, find someone you love that you can speak to. For me it was my wife and eventually my parents. Its a must-there's nothing like the love and support of a family.

Anyways, time to do some groceries! Special thanks to @weddingnails
    Your story is an inspiration to a lot of us and I look forward all of us healing and returning to our factory settings!

Peace to all and a happy New Year!

2. Buffalo Will

Buffalo Will Fapstronaut

Congrats on the streak bro. Keep it going

Uphillfighter22 likes this.
  3. Uphillfighter22

Thanks bro!

4. I am so happy for you @Uphillfighter22. It's uplifting and wonderful to see what you have achieved . Thanks so much for the mention and your really kind words. It was moving to be mentioned like this. You are an inspiration as well my friend. Can't wait to continue on this path with you. Cheers to you and let's keep on going

Uphillfighter22 likes this.
  5. Uphillfighter22

No worries my friend, here's to 2018!

Deleted Account likes this.