1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it sex addiction?

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by KASE1228, Jul 31, 2020.

1. KASE1228

KASE1228 Fapstronaut

2. KASE1228

KASE1228 Fapstronaut

Who are you people .... so you have never had a bad situation you were in? So your going to determine who I am as a parent based off of this? If there is one thing we do really really well is be the best loving parents we can be to our child! You have no idea! I truly hate all the judgement on a site I came onto to get help, not get beaten up on. Look in the mirror people I know I am not the only one going through issues!

3. KASE1228

KASE1228 Fapstronaut

4. KASE1228

KASE1228 Fapstronaut

Again that’s why I am here. He finally said it out loud. He said he knows what he is asking for is f-uped. He said admitting that he wants to see me with another man was degrading for him. He said he knew he was no longer the godly man he used to be he said he knew he needs to do better. That’s why I am here, he obviously knows there is a problem, admitting it is the next step so that he can then get help. Help that I am asking for on this site so that I can hand it to him. Yes everyone I know that if eventually he does not get help I would have to leave, but I’m not going down without a fight!

5. Some people just never grow serious enough to be able to get married and have children.
    Your husband is one of those people.
    Its a shame you haven't found a better partner.
    I feel sorry for the child.

Mr. Diesel likes this.
  6. You have a child and you are doing that, and also putting him through the shame of eventually knowing that, I can't help it but saying you are shit parents

7. KASE1228

KASE1228 Fapstronaut

A lot of you people don’t understand the responsibility you have when you post ugly things. It’s a good thing I have thick skin and I won’t leave here upset and commit suicide over your awful comments but that may not be the same for all. Some women suffering from their spouses doing this to them have extreme anxiety and depression. You will post something and walk away not thinking twice while the person reading could end up in a lot worse situation because of your words. My child is in a happy and healthy home. We have done everything possible to make sure it does not effect anyone outside of us. So for those making awful comments about my parenting you don’t know what your talking about. You all need to be more responsible with your words.

8. Don't listen to certain persons here. Certain persons go into every relationship thread and tell people to "get a divorce" without knowing the full situation. I don't think certain persons knows what they are talking about, and you are probably better off just ignoring them.

Seriously. Please put these people on your ignore list and stay in the "women in reboot" section if you want honest, good faith advice. You will very likely be harrassed and misinterpreted on the main forums.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  9. Again, I'm so sorry that you have experienced antagonistic feedback here. There are a lot of toxic people on this forum and you have to use your ignore list because they are very aggressive and persistent despite how little they know about you or your situation. On a personal note, I think you should ask these questions on another site like reddit or see a professional therapist.

RedDeadredemption and KASE1228 like this.
  10. As an adult as a mother, you cannot allow yourself to feel bad about mean comments over the internet.
    Also you must understand that people have their own oppinions which doesn't always matches yours.
    Of course they can and will be mistaken. Since we are all human, and also because we don't know the situation.

This is a self-help forum. We can't and won't help you change your husband against his will. If he comes here asking for our help we can only try to help him. But we can't help you force him to change in a direction you like.
    Since we don't even know your husband, there is a slight possibility that he doesn't even want to change.

About your parenting skill. You can be as good of a mother as humanly possible , I wouldn't want to be a child in a household with a father who has no sense of responsibility. The things you shared about your relationship doesn't sound good. Thats all.
    We may be mistaken and maybe the children sense nothing of your problem, but again the part you mentioned just doesn't feels right.

KASE1228 likes this.
  11. KASE1228

KASE1228 Fapstronaut

12. KASE1228

KASE1228 Fapstronaut

Thank you for the advice, it’s just sad as a women yet again I am being told where I do and do not belong. But I will go ahead and look into that forum. Thank you.

13. Yeah it's inevitable that someone would say that. Whatever makes you feel like you're intelligent and better than other people, go ahead and let it out.

14. "Step One: Admitted we were powerless over _______ and that our lives had become unmanageable."

THIS! This is literally the first step that every addict of any substance or behaviour has to concede in order to begin their recovery process. It all starts here. Admitting that he is has a problem is a HUGE step forward and it is literally the cornerstone on which his recovery will be built.

The quote above is the first step of any 12 step recovery program. Fill in the blank with whatever the addiction may be. In this case - sex addiction.

KASE1228 likes this.
  15. I appreciate that you posted on one of the "main forums", because I often feel like I don't belong on the partner support or women's only forums. Most of us have troubles with the opposite sex and this is a place were we can see the other side of our addiction . . . but only when we mix, not when we segregate ourselves by dividing into men and women only groups or PA and SO's.
    I have seen a lot of good men on here post very supportive responses for women seeking help. Rarely have I seen a thread get this antagonistic and toxic . . . though I have heard about it happening. Either way, I hope that you are finding the help and support that you need.

RedDeadredemption and KASE1228 like this.
  16. KASE1228

KASE1228 Fapstronaut

Thank you for the support, I don’t know why this Starrider wants to continue to attack me but I will pray for him. I came on here truly looking to seek help and advice. Not cause any harm or conflict. But I refuse to be walked all over as well. Please don’t hate me for fighting for my marriage.

17. Psalm27:1my light

Psalm27:1my light Fapstronaut

Vitriol? Really, you have zero empathy, as is common in addicts. They have been married 16 years, have a child, and he sought her out after his divorce? But she caused his first marriage to fail? I’m not sure where you got the information you just spewed, but I think the boat sailed on his first marriage a long time ago. I’m also thinking his affairs in his first marriage may have been a contributing factor to said divorce. Not everyone can be perfect like you. She is asking for help, not retroactive judgment.

18. Bianca

Bianca Fapstronaut

Wow. Quite a story! Did you cheat or onky say it. My nature is to just have sex with another man in front of him if this is what he desires so much. Why not? But that’s only me...

19. KASE1228

KASE1228 Fapstronaut

20. Bianca

Bianca Fapstronaut

Is there a text? Don’t get it yet here.