1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

life of a guy who has no girlfriend and doing nofap

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by yojesse, Oct 7, 2014.

1. yojesse

yojesse Fapstronaut

How would you deal with it?, you are not fapping but still you got no girlfriend

2. MelancholyWeightlifter

MelancholyWeightlifter Distinguished Fapstronaut

Well. You simply don't PMO, and then you don't have sex. Magically, you survive! You don't explode! *sarcasm*

In all seriousness it is very possible, as I and others are a testament to. There are added challenges but there are also added benefits. Best way to find out how possible it is is by doing yourself, which I'm sure you can!

3. IGY

IGY Guest

Like, Melancholy, I can testify to this being possible. Personally, I think the added benefits make it an attractive option - i.e. the reboot is quicker because there is no dopamine release at all (if you are careful not to edge).

4. htgk11

htgk11 Fapstronaut

lol...i know the feeling bro...
    i always kept looking for sex..if not that..the video call sex...phone sex..
    i just couldnt keep my hands of my dick...
    I would advice you to join a gym...maybe take up a new class at school...like french or something..
    just dont keep yourself alone...you'll surely start thinking about PMO again...(i know..i'm currently going throught it)

5. Man On Fire

Man On Fire Fapstronaut

My PMO addiction caused me to sabotage relationships early on so that I didn't have to deal with totally sucking in the sex department. Hence I'm very used to my own company.

I've been single for over 9 years now despite being a fairly outgoing and reasonably confident, attractive if somewhat eccentric late 30s male.

The NoFap is so far going very well, helped greatly by the fact that I haven't had a single erection (let alone a wet dream) in this time. I'm laying the groundwork for my future self and am prepared for it to get harder (pun intended).

You can do it!

6. contra

contra Fapstronaut

Hobbies!!!

This is my second time starting my NoFap journey. The first time I took up hobbies. I've learned to cook (granted not so much of a hobby but a life skill that I lacked previously). This time, I'm doing other things. Learning to program, learning another language, and I have to meet up with a friend to go mountain bike shopping so that I can get on some trails.

So it's possible, you just have to keep yourself busy.

7. NotALoserAnymore

NotALoserAnymore Fapstronaut

I never really had a girlfriend, so dealing with it is not so difficult for me. (quite sad to say, I know :p )

8. ###

### Fapstronaut

I think that beneath PMO, there's an underlying desire to give and receive love. To me, it's important to build friendships in my single life so I still have love in it. Practicing how to sacrifice for another person in a friendship where I'm not getting physical satisfaction back is great preparation for a future relationship.

9. Gasparzinho

Gasparzinho Fapstronaut

Well, before NoFap I thought you absolutely needed orgasms to be happy, so I PMO'd. I also thought the only reason to have a girlfriend was so that I would have someone to give me those orgasms. But I was afraid that girls wouldn't like me because I PMO'd, so I would PMO even more because I thought I needed orgasms to be happy.
    Do you see the vicious circle?

Since I quit PMO, I realized that I don't need orgasms to be happy, so I feel less like I absolutely need to find someone ASAP to find someone. There's no pressure. When I find someone I like I'll do something about it for sure, but I don't care when it happens.

10. grubatch

grubatch Fapstronaut

I just hope I will be able to pass through the jitters.. I know what will happen in few days. I will get this huge urge to do it.. like a god damn heroin addict. Just wish me luck.

11. CarlPl0x

CarlPl0x Fapstronaut

Well I am not in legal age to get off with a girl...

12. VanillaMochi

VanillaMochi Fapstronaut

I'm currently in the same boat as you. I recently broke up with my girlfriend and I've been single for a month or two.

Attempting a 90-day reboot hardmode. I completed a 30-day NoFap challenge with the help of my EX for the release of O. Now it's a lot tougher.

I believe it's possible and I remain optimistic about this.

Best of luck to you!

- VM

13. MelancholyWeightlifter

MelancholyWeightlifter Distinguished Fapstronaut

So you would say hard mode is more difficult VanillaMochi? I hear conflicting ideas but I just can't see how having regular sex wouldn't make it easier.

14. This just means that you will have to do hard mode, no matter what.
    One thing which may make a difference is if the guy is a virgin. Someone who has experienced sex will probably remember the feeling and want that more.