1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Speak the Truth in Love

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ephesians 4:11-16:
    So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming. Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ. From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.

--------------------------------------------

This group exists primarily for the purpose of encouraging one another toward Christ as we each battle against the lie and evil of PMO. It does not exist primarily as a place for biblical instruction or theological debate. However, sometimes those topics come up and can be edifying. I am not opposed to this in the slightest, if the dialogue can remain loving and be done with gentleness and respect.

1 Peter 3:15b: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

If a thread starts to veer into personal attacks or takes on a tone of theological superiority, I will lock it and issue a warning to all involved. If the actions are repeated, those involved will be removed from the group, first for 30 days, and then, if needed, permanently. If you think you have it all figured out, the error of your thinking is self-evident, and you should think again!

We are a Christian group, but we do not promote any one denomination over another. All who claim the name of Christ and seek to be his disciples are welcome here. If a thread is posted that is clearly promoting one non-essential theological nuance over another, I will delete it. If you believe that your room in the house that Christ is building is the best room, that's great! Realize that others think the same about the room they are in, too. We do not need to worry about moving one another between the rooms. We are all in Christ, and that is the main thing.

The moderators of this group serve as volunteers, and we have better things to do than babysit foolish quarrels. Please think twice before posting or commenting. Is what you are about to say going to make our job more difficult? Are you policing yourself like a mature adult or forcing another to do so like a foolish child?

Jesus tells us clearly what our marching orders are: Love God with everything we've got and love one another with the same care we display for our own selves. “By this,” Jesus said, “everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

I expect all who post in this group to follow the clear instruction of our Master. May he bless each of you as you do so.

Stommy, letter, wenguin1 and 28 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.