1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The social media minimalist challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Deleted Account, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Sadly not everyone can renounce to tech. But we are leaded to necessaryl need it, now with smart working. It's an evidence that the future of society is digital, but we are not abided to follow all of this. Funny how in future we will not be able to renounce to tecnology, make smart our own WC, Smart fridge, smart grill assistaint, what a retard species we are becoming.

2. Thanks for the tip! As my pile of things are already way too high, I went for reading a review about the book. I think what makes most of us to such a big consumers of social media is the addictive effect of it. However, I have never felt that I am susceptible to that addiction. As I don't have any social media apps or notifications turned on for my accounts, sometimes when I wait for a reply from someone I can check the site for new messages a bit too often. That's exactly what happened when I created this challenge.

So with that said, I am actually already a minimalist and I always have been, however, I want to minimise my usage even more.

3. Awesome dude!

CArT_Vader likes this.
  4. Here's my usage:

Facebook: For the last four years or so, I have only used it to give away things to people in my neighbourhood. Not addictive.
    Instagram: After having created digital art for a couple of years, I felt I had to share it on instagram because it was so impractical otherwise. Now when it's there I can connect with people and talk about my art more easily. However, I never check my account anymore.
    Youtube: Actually I don't think of this as a social media website. I use it for meditation, product reviews and university lectures. No cat videos or whatnot. I never post comments. Not addictive.
    NoFap: The only place where I post things. I use NoFap almost only for doing challenges.
    Twitter, Quora, Telegram WhatsApp: not a consumer.

That said, I'm not addicted to social media! So now one may ask, why did I create a challenge then? Well, even if I'm not addicted, I want to have a clear purpose of why I enter a social media website. If I don't have a clear purpose, there's no reason to enter.

5. 15/30. The biggest change this challenge brings is a change of habit: As soon as I want to have a small break, I don't unlock my phone and check if I've got any new notifications. Instead, I keep myself focused and take myself towards my goals at the same time I'm resting.

6. 30/30, challenge completed. I’m better at taking good breaks now. Instead of having a break from my computer by checking facebook, I am taking a break by doing something else. Very nice.