1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

10 reasons why Jesus cannot be God

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

1. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

10 reasons why jesus cannot be God

The islamic Version of Jesus (Isa AS)

---------------------------------------------------------------
    If there is anything to discuss on this topic. Please do so in a formal, polite tone.
    I do not want to start an argument with anyone. But simply to discuss on this matter so that we can share our knowledge in a positive manner.

2. its all about faith, if you listen to human logic or science of course they will tell you he is fake, but for christians we go on faith and that is all we need.

RightLane and Deleted Account like this.
  3. Here's 10 reasons why I didn't watch those videos.
    You don't need to see my reasons, you just need to believe they exist. It's all about faith.

BravelyKegger likes this.
  4. Superman25

Superman25 Fapstronaut

Jesus is not God, but the Son of God... God doesn't have to procreate like humans to have children....he can create his own. Jesus is the first thing he ever created.... Believing Jesus is God is just unscriptural and has no basis in the Bible

5. Superman25

Superman25 Fapstronaut

Mind you, faith is not blindly believing anything...strong faith is founded by strong evidence and faith crumbles when there's no solid foundation

6. There are some good points and some flimsy arguments in that video. Dismissing the doctrine of the trinity (which clears up a lot of these problems) simply because Paul didnt know Jesus personally is kinda silly. Islamic scholars who interpret the Quaran didnt know Mohammed. Also demanding that all doctorine be sourced or cited in scripture is a straw man. Only some denominations of Christianity hold to Sola Scriptura.

Only God can forgive sins. Jesus taught with authority and forgave sins. This was the reason he was crucified. Was he not aware of Jewish teaching? Did he accidently misspeak? Was he delusional?

Also the understanding of the hypostatic union. Jesus being 100% man and 100% God dismisses a large amount of his arguments too.

Overall though he does make some good points. They are critical and smart, but I wouldnt take them as faith shattering. :)

RightLane likes this.
  7. This is the correct response and also the reason why debates like this one are immensely stupid.

BravelyKegger likes this.
  8. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

Um sorry. But what is fake? The existence of Jesus is real but there's this complication between Islam and Christianity whether is a God or a Prophet God. That's it. Anyway, i mean... Okay we'll leave aside the science, but if you include human logic. Wouldn't that be something, that is a gift from God? For you to understand and follow certain rules that seem reasonable to you. And at the same time, it could be a test from God so that he can test our faith. Why do you think that there are muslims converting christianity and christians converting to islam? Because people discuss. They want to find the truth. It could be the cause of a debate, or just simply one video to make someone convert. So fairly speaking, won't you think that just "going on with faith" is just following blindly?

9. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

i don't think you watched the video.
    Fact 3 says something about Jesus having the title of "The Son of God". You didn't say much about this.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  10. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

I agree. That's why i stick with my faith.

11. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

Ok.. Ok.... I understand that you may not agree to some of the facts.
    But what do you mean by this?
    In what way did they not know him?

12. In the way the video describes Paul not knowing Jesus. But to be fair we would need to establish what we are talking about. Paul was said to be an apostle and spoke and wrote to define Christian doctrine. He was not one of the 12 but was a contemporary of Peter.

I'm not sure how or if doctrine is authoritatively defined in Islam but my hunch is long after Mohammed was gone Imams taught and defined Sharia law and other principles of Islam. These would be similar to the saints and other influential teachers within Christianity who, inspired and guided by the Holy Spirit, shaped the faith.

All I meant was to dismiss Paul's teaching because he didnt directly know Jesus as he preached and carried out his ministry is kind of silly. I mean Judus knew Jesus and wasn't that great of an apostle. Why couldn't a person who didnt know him during his life on earth teach and define the faith?

RightLane likes this.
  13. The "fact" Jesus is not God? No, I dont agree :)

RightLane likes this.
  14. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

I assume these videos were made more to strengthen the faith of Muslims and less to actually convince Christians (as stated in other comments, "It's all about faith"). Similarly, I saw no reason to watch the videos, being Jewish. I already know why according to my faith Jesus can't be god or son of god, or whatever.

Deleted Account likes this.
  15. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

I mean the validity of the facts that "It makes sense". But as you said earlier, you didn't take it as "faith shattering". I don't have a problem with that cause that's up to you.

16. LonelyDude21

LonelyDude21 Fapstronaut

Just curious, what's the reason behind why Jesus can't be a god or Son of God to you? And also, isn't a jew suppose to believe either of that or both?

17. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Huh? No. That's why we're Jewish and not Christian...
    Jesus can't be god (not looking to start a pointless argument, this is just the Jewish view) for a number of reasons: a. The third commandment reads: "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image", which in Hebrew means that you can't create an image of God. The simple reason for this is that God doesn't have a physical form.
    b. Jesus & Christianity changed much of the biblical commandments (not just the ten, pretty much everything) - which doesn't make sense for a couple of reasons: 1. God is infinite. He doesn't change His mind. 2. As He chose Israel as His nation, wouldn't it have made sense to tell them: Hey, this infinite covenant of ours? It's not actually infinite. You want in on the real infinite covenant? Believe Christianity. Why did we not receive any warning, and then had to endure millennia of suffering? Can you blame us for not turning to Christianity? We did as we thought was right, for the reasons above and below.

As for not being the son of god: a. again, as God doesn't have a physical form, He's not going to birth Himself in this world. b. Believing as much is actually idolatry (the Trinity essentially means three gods), one of three major sins in Judaism.

You didn't ask this, but I'll mention it anyways - Jesus isn't even messiah according to Judaism: The messiah has a list of missions that by law he must complete - and doing miracles isn't one of them. Some of the list: Building the Third, final, Holy Temple in Jerusalem, fighting all of the Jewish nation's wars, etc.
    Essentially, the messiah isn't necessarily a holy man, but more of a political/militaristic figure. Jesus wasn't even close to accomplishing anything on the list. Riding into Jerusalem on a donkey is meaningless unless backed up with actually doing something for the Jewish nation.

LonelyDude21 likes this.
  18. Not only do we believe God had a physical form in Jesus we also believe He is physically present in the Eurcharist right now, which we consume! That's must seem absolutely absurd no?

19. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

More so to my point. However, according to Christianity, is Jesus actually present in the eucharist or is it merely symbolic? I always heard it was symbolic...

20. For Catholics and Eastern Orthodox it's the real presence...body, blood, soul and divinity. Not symbolic.

Nuhope likes this.