1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

--->90 DAYS NO SUGAR CHALLENGE<---

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Future role model, Apr 2, 2018.

How often do you eat sugary foods?

1. every day

62 vote(s)
    53.4%
  2. 2-5 times a week

32 vote(s)
    27.6%
  3. once a week

7 vote(s)
    6.0%
  4. few times a month

5 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. once a month

3 vote(s)
    2.6%
  6. almost never

7 vote(s)
    6.0%
  1. Day 3
    This year I started keeping records of every relapse(in both nofap and nosugar challenge). I have just counted how many days I ate crap and there's 80 on them. Out of 159 days this year I ate shit for 80 days. It's more than 50%. And then I'm wondering why I feel like shit every day, and why my shoulder is fucked up...

I also counted my nofap relapses, and there is around 270 of them. In 159 days I jerked of 270 times. I really do have a fucking problem.

2. I had a problem with my shoulder as well. It took a lot of time. Exercises and massages didn't really help but after half a year it's completely gone. I can do pull-ups again :)

At least you did a good job of keeping record. So what has to happen that you improve in these challenges and that relapses will be less likely?

3. 108/130 - sugar only when my wife bakes
    68/90 - no alcohol
    68/90 - no crisps
    38/60 - coffee at most one per weekend
    18/30 - no bread

I've had very little time lately, trying to catch up.

@Barnabas_ , great to hear you survived the party!

@Future role model , welcome back to the challenge! I can see you're doing a good job in counting :) Do you have dates of all your relapses as well? What I'm thinking about is that you may want a number that you can start to improve on, e.g. relapses/week or so. Maybe this works for you but for me it would not - my addiction was too strong, I had to stop completely in order to get back control. In either way, if you are determined, driven and really want to stop, you can do this.

4. After a few slips I may write day one again.

Future role model likes this.
  5. Day 4:
    I'm doing dopamine fast today, internet is forbidden but I came here just to update.

6. Barnabas_

Barnabas_ Fapstronaut

Thanks Force Majeure! :)

Day 6:)

Force Majeure likes this.
  7. Barnabas_

Barnabas_ Fapstronaut

8. 109/130 - sugar only when my wife bakes
    69/90 - no alcohol
    69/90 - no crisps
    39/60 - coffee at most one per weekend
    19/30 - no bread

Coffee
    I have an unfortunate fact to tell. Having a cup of coffee on Saturday gives me headache on Sunday... I assume it's because I've been drinking coffee for many years so it takes time to get used to this reduced amount of coffee. I was expecting to get headache the first days when I stopped drinking coffee daily but I wasn't expecting to get headache at this point. Does anyone have any experience around this? After my 60 days I will probably start drinking coffee daily again, possibly with a limit of only one cup or so. We'll see...

Bread
    This challenge actually got me a bit depressed. I love bread and we have so many different breads at home and I love them all. Replacing all breads with eggs, salami, cheese and so on gives me much less joy in my daily life... it's feels a bit sad. The bread I miss the most is currently the levain.

Alcohol
    I don't miss alcohol very much. Fact is, I didn't drink alcohol very often before the challenge so this was quite easy to stop with. However, I do miss the many different kinds of IPAs... We've been eating hamburgers at home many times lately and it's just so nice to have a good beer to the food.

Crisps and sugar
    This has been a very good therapy to stop with. A few years ago, I never bought any snacks nor sweets whatsoever. If I ate something, it was because we had it at home. My wife could buy some things from time to time and then I ate. In the last few years however, the amount of sweets and crisps she bought gradually increased... which made me consume more and more until I reached a point where I also started to buy these things. I reached the peak when I started the no sugar challenge 109 days ago. Now I have a much better perspective on this. I still miss a few things though :)

Summary
    I feel that I have challenged myself quite much in all these challenges. Staying away from something for 90 days is indeed a very long time. If you're unsure if you will make it or not, I would say go for at most 30 days at a time. 30 days is also a long time but at least it's comprehensible. Remember, the most important thing is not to stay away from things as long as possible - what is important is to achieve your goals. Completing a 7-day challenge is much better than failing a 30-day challenge after 14 days. Having reasonable goals is the best thing you can have! That's probably one of the very good things I've learned from these challenges.

Next time I join a challenge I'm going to plan it better. First of all, never a new challenge that will last for more than 30 days. It's just too long time. It's always possible to extend the challenge with 30 days at a time if a longer challenge is wanted. I should also think about obvious things: do I have anything planned for the next 30-days, like a vacation or so? If so, should I complete the challenge before the vacation or should I add a special rule to handle the vacation? It's just good to think everything through so that success is the most probably outcome.

Keep fighting my friends :)

9. Day 1 done
    No sugar
    One coffee

Barnabas_ and Force Majeure like this.
  10. Accountability Partner

Accountability Partner Fapstronaut

You guys are awesome. Thanks @Force Majeure for a detailed reply. I'll be copying your style for daily updates.

13/90 - No PMO (No sexual fantasies either. No prolonged stares at random people.)
    4/90 - No Caffeine, 6 days a week
    3/90 - Meditation
    3/90 - Planning My Day
    2/90 - Dedicated time for browsing websites
    1/90 - Getting out of bed at the first go of alarm
    1/90 - Not insulting/hurting anyone out of anger
    1/90 - No Refined Sugar, 6 days a week
    0/90 - Exercise for 30 minutes, 6 days a week

Barnabas_ and Force Majeure like this.
  11. 110/130 - sugar only when my wife bakes
    70/90 - no alcohol
    70/90 - no crisps
    40/60 - coffee at most one per weekend
    20/30 - no bread

Barnabas_ likes this.
  12. Barnabas_

Barnabas_ Fapstronaut

I like this, perhaps should start this too one day...

Decided to focus on mothly/weekly challenges, then if completed set another 30/7 days, so:

- no sugar: day 8/30
    - no watching news: day 9/30
    - no facebook: day 1/7
    - no secrets/no lies = living in the truth: day 1/7

There is a popular quote in 12 step groups which is:
    "You are only as sick as your secrets, you will remain sick as long as it is still a secret"

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  13. Day 2 done
    No sweets, no coffee

Force Majeure and Barnabas_ like this.
  14. Accountability Partner

Accountability Partner Fapstronaut

14/90 - No PMO (No sexual fantasies either. No prolonged stares at random people.)
    5/90 - No Caffeine, 6 days a week
    4/90 - Meditation
    4/90 - Planning My Day
    3/90 - Dedicated time for browsing websites
    2/90 - Getting out of bed at the first go of alarm
    2/90 - Not insulting/hurting anyone out of anger
    2/90 - No Refined Sugar, 6 days a week
    1/90 - Exercise for 30 minutes, 6 days a week

Force Majeure and Barnabas_ like this.
  15. I seriously need to decrease my time on the computer drastically right now!
    So I'll be away for some time I guess.
    Good diets without cravings to all of you!
    See ya!

16. Barnabas_

Barnabas_ Fapstronaut

- no sugar: day 9/30
    - no watching news: day 10/30
    - no facebook: day 2/7
    - no secrets/no lies = living in the truth: day 2/7

17. 111/130 - sugar only when my wife bakes
    71/90 - no alcohol
    71/90 - no crisps
    41/60 - coffee at most one per weekend
    21/30 - no bread

Time goes slow when one waits - 9 days left until I can eat bread again. In two days it's only one week left!

Barnabas_ likes this.