1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you plan your day or week?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by A Bottle of Slivovitz, Jul 21, 2021.

1. A Bottle of Slivovitz

A Bottle of Slivovitz Fapstronaut

One of the habits of successful people is that they plan their days.

Are you doing that?
    If yes how? If not why not?
    Do you have advice on how to do it effectively?

Buddhism Is True and Riser like this.
  2. cresyhorse

cresyhorse Fapstronaut

yup, i plan the week ahead by writing the tasks i should accomplish.

next to every task is a empty circle that I fill out once i do what i have to.

A Bottle of Slivovitz likes this.
  3. A Bottle of Slivovitz

I didn't quite understand this. Why is it impossible?
    The problem for me is that I do fun and easy things like workout, reading, playing chess and stuff like that. But when I want to study then it become tricky. I would probably skip that or do it very poorly.

Do you also write time when you want to do those tasks?

4. cresyhorse

cresyhorse Fapstronaut

writing the exact time of planned activities is too much for me. even the task list of a week ahead always has something popping up.

also try not to overburden yourself with the to-do list, the first week it should be very basic ones. like idk, clean your room, journal, gym mon-wed-fri, learn 30 pages of an exam.

also I recommend even putting socializing on the to-do list, like friday can be party and saturday coffee with a friend. (if we're to focused on success we forget that we are social creautures that need a social life).

and some habits that you want to implement should also be on the task list for the first 60 days untill they become second nature. for example cold shower when you wake up, exercise writing with non dominant hand etc.

also a long term goal should be there too, and those weekly to-do list are put according to it.

A Bottle of Slivovitz likes this.
  5. A Bottle of Slivovitz

thanks for the advice man :)

can you maybe work somewhere outside the apartment? for example in a cafe or something like that?
    although maybe 8 hours is too much to sit in a cafe :)

6. m_arjunan

m_arjunan New Fapstronaut

Let me tell you my way or method.I divide the day into 2 sections -after 12 and before 12 .So i have two 12 hour sections within a day.I fill this with self development things .

7. breaking-myths

breaking-myths Fapstronaut

I just came across a concept called mini habits , I think it is slowly but effectively helping me.

8. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Been doing day/week planning for years. A few years ago i also wrote 1 year / 2 year / 5 year / 10 year plans, in quite a lot of detail, but that stuff has gone out of the window as i met a girl, got married, moved to a different area and had a son - none of which were part of the 'plan', but these things happen (and you have to be flexible enough to involve other people in your plans, if necessary).

I have got a lot better about it, being realistic about what you are able to get done each day is the hardest part. One thing i should do more of is a full review at the end of each week.

9. like2throw

like2throw Fapstronaut

Kinda

I like to have a general idea of what I'm gonna do, but also like doing things spontaneously

SoulRecovery likes this.
  10. PegasusKid

PegasusKid Fapstronaut

Yes I do, and I mainly do this through journaling. I have a planner/bullet journal and it helps me a lot because I struggle with self-control (but I guess being on a site for my addiction already shows that lmao) and planning out and breaking down tasks. If its not written down, that lowers the chances of me doing it. And even after writing it down there's still some struggle so that makes it even more important. I'd say the most helpful aspect is time blocking so I can dedicate a certain amount of time to longer tasks even things you do just for fun. It sounds counterintuitive but scheduling fun things allows you to enjoy them guilt-free because you know you dedicated that time to it. Productivity isn't about constantly producing results, its about following intentions which can also include the intention to relax. It also helps me to have a few weekly and monthly priorities so I know what things absolutely need to get done.

11. Squiddy

Squiddy Fapstronaut

i plan my goals for the week, then i plan how to get closer to them within the 7 days.