1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Inspirational Scriptures

Fight the Good Fight

Tags:
  1. Proverbs 24:16
    “For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief.”

“God knows that you are not perfect, that you will fail at times. God loves you no less when you struggle than when you triumph.”

—Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf

NisamSnješko and vxlccm like this.
  2. James 5:13
    “Is any among you afflicted? Let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.”

“It matters not our circumstance, be we humble or arrogant, poor or rich, free or enslaved, learned or ignorant, loved or forsaken, we can address Him. We need no appointment. Our supplication can be brief or can occupy all the time needed. It can be an extended expression of love and gratitude or an urgent plea for help. He has created numberless cosmos and populated them with worlds, yet you and I can talk with him personally, and He will ever answer.”

—Elder Richard G. Scott

vxlccm likes this.
  3. Corinthians 1:3-4

Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;
    Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

One great lesson I am learning is that ‘everything gives us experience.’ If our ultimate goal is to become like our Heavenly Father (and/or Mother) then learning everything there is to know about pain, suffering, love and mercy is vital. We know that our Savior descended below all in order to know how to succor those in need. Just remember, brothers and sisters, that we too can receive peace and comfort when we ourselves are upon that path of experience, pain or suffering.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2022
    vxlccm and NisamSnješko like this.
  4. vodopas

vodopas Fapstronaut

Амин брате!

Azzure likes this.
  5. Moroni 6:8
    “As oft as they repented and sought forgiveness, with real intent, they were forgiven”.

Knowing that the Lord is willing to forgive you as often as you repent with real intent can give you courage to try again each time you fall short.

Never, never, never forget this truth. And never take it for granted. We have a loving, merciful Heavenly Father and I know He forgives.

vxlccm likes this.
  6. Moses 1:16 Get thee hence, Satan; deceive me not; for God said unto me: Thou art after the similitude of mine Only Begotten.

I have spoken these words on many occasions and they have helped me resist temptation and they have given me courage to press forward.

vxlccm likes this.
  7. Doctrine and Covenants 60:13: “Thou shalt not idle away thy time, neither shalt thou bury thy talent that it may not be known.”

Elder John H. Vandenberg (1904–92) of the Seventy: “I feel that goal-setting is absolutely necessary for happy living. But the goal is only part of the desired procedures. We need to know which roads to take to reach the goal. In many cases we set far-reaching goals but neglect the short-range ones. With such short-range plans, we need self-discipline in our actions—study when it is time to study, sleep when it is time to sleep, read when it is time to read, and so on—not permitting an undesirable overlap, but getting our full measure of rewards and blessings from the time we invest in a particular activity” (in Conference Report, Apr. 1966, 94).

Elder Neal A. Maxwell (1926–2004) of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles: “I thank Jesus for foregoing fashionableness and for enduring not only the absence of appreciation but also for speaking the truth, knowing beforehand that misunderstanding and misrepresentation would follow. I thank him for his marvelous management of time, for never misusing a moment, including the moments of meditation. Even his seconds showed his stewardship” (“Jesus of Nazareth, Savior and King,” Ensign, May 1976, 27).

vxlccm likes this.

8. He lives. He lives who once was dead.

"Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father : but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father , and your Father; and to my God, and your God. Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her."
    John 20: 3-18

vxlccm likes this.
  9. These scriptures spoke to me this morning.

Alma 39
    9 Now my son, I would that ye should repent and forsake your sins, and go no more after the lusts of your eyes, but cross yourself in all these things; for except ye do this ye can in nowise inherit the kingdom of God. Oh, remember, and take it upon you, and cross yourself in these things.

10 And I command you to take it upon you to counsel with your elder brothers in your undertakings; for behold, thou art in thy youth, and ye stand in need to be nourished by your brothers. And give heed to their counsel.

11 Suffer not yourself to be led away by any vain or foolish thing; suffer not the devil to lead away your heart again after those wicked harlots. Behold, O my son, how great iniquity ye brought upon the Zoramites; for when they saw your conduct they would not believe in my words.

So how does one 'cross' themselves?

vxlccm likes this.
  10. Mark 9:23-24
    Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
    And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

Recovery Is Possible

Through Heavenly Father’s plan of salvation and the Atonement of Jesus Christ, all things are possible, including recovery from addiction and healing from the pain that so often accompanies addiction. If you or someone you know is struggling, you can reach out today and find help and healing. Visit addictionrecovery.ChurchofJesusChrist.org.