1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Question

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by truthseeker17, May 22, 2018.

1. truthseeker17

truthseeker17 Fapstronaut

Hi,

I have been thinking about this for a long time ... but I still don't know. I need your help.

I am curious about what you guys think when you see someone else's streak, especially when it's higher. How do you feel about it? Do you really get motivated or does it make you feel inferior/superior to this other person?

2. TheBigBadWolf

TheBigBadWolf Fapstronaut

Motivated. It helps me get back on track usually.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. BlueDragonfly

BlueDragonfly Fapstronaut

I’m not really that involved in NoFao, the website(and don’t want to be), but I guess I’d say it makes me think “I hope I can acconplish that some day”. I don’t feel jealous, but maybe disappointed in myself because I could be at that point.

4. I use my phone to view this site so I never see anyone’s counter. If I do see someone post about their high streak then I’m happy for that person but other than that I don’t have any other opinion about it. I would never think of myself as being less than the other person; I’ve met some real assholes with high streak counts and some incredibly nice people stuck on day 0. I’ve also seen the opposite so why be jealous of anyone?

5. Every time I see a person with like 90, 120 etc..I see all of us an inmates and feel at least one of us is out of the penitentiary..!

6. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

I don’t think twice about streaks in all honesty, though I’m Proud of you guys whenever I do see them. Plus, my phone doesn’t show them unless I go in Landscape mode.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  7. Thats an awesome answer. Thats exactly how i feel.

8. Basing your self-worth on arbitrary things is how you became an addict in the first place so why would anyone continue that type of behavior when it comes to streaks?

Why envy someone with 100 days, 200 day, or even 1 yr when after they relapse they emotionally collapse on themselves like a house of cards? I’ve been around here long enough to have seen that, so that counter you have doesn’t track worth, it just tracks the days you didn’t look at smut or touch your privates.

9. natejasper

natejasper New Fapstronaut

10. natejasper

natejasper New Fapstronaut

Hope receive a well answer !

11. truthseeker17

truthseeker17 Fapstronaut

Alright, thanks for your opinions!

12. It reminds me of my failures while at the same time inspiring me to keep going. It's weird mix of feelings lol.

13. I feel happy for the person. There aren’t any negative feelings towards myself. We are all at different stages of an uphill climb and hopefully those further up ahead can encourage us that are further down but working on making progress.