1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Recovering drug addict turned NoFap

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by harris37, Aug 16, 2019.

1. harris37

harris37 Fapstronaut

So I've been a cocaine user for the best part of 15 years, constantly on and off using over this period of time, I wasn't someome who could use and then stop whenever I felt like it, I was the one who always wanted to carry on the party until all my money was gone and then be massively depressed after but always go back to doing it again. It wasn't until I entered rehab 20 months ago that I found out the reason behind my using, low self worth, fear of rejection, feeling i was un loveable and unwanted with no sense of purpose in this life, I would have these uncomfortable feelings of anger, sadness, jealousy and self doubt so would suppress these feelings by continuing to use drugs, Its like an insanity, what I've come to realise now is that you will never get stronger mentally and physically unless you fight these (demons) as I like to call them... that little devil inside your head unless you do it absolutely clean from drugs and alcohol. I read a few self help books but ive gotta say there's only one thing that's helped me more than anything and that is going to na meetings and practising the 12 step programme, sometimes I don't put the work in and that's when things really do get dangerous so always need to apply yourself 100%, am I doing this? absolutely not I can always improve and do better but I'm clean and that's what matters. I've now started the NoFap, ive done this before but only lasted 4 weeks... But I've gotta say it does definately have it's upsides, last time I did it for the wrong reasons and that was to get chicks, this time I'm doing it for me and to get stronger in my mind. I'm already noticing changes, the biggest ones are I'm becoming more happy not 100% but definately improving, people can't affect the way I feel about myself as much through there negative actions, and the biggest one yet is the things I wanted before are to starting to change... like being in a relationship and not following my dreams. I am determined now to carry on this NoFap like a fucking monk, Just an introduction from a new Fapstronaut.

2. Hello and welcome! :)

We are glad to have you as a part of our community. Here are some quick links to get you started.

Getting Started Guide | How to Use the NoFap Forums | Panic Button | Day Counter | Rebooting Resources | Forum Rules | Glossary

If you wish to keep a journal of your progress you can do so in the appropriate section found here

You can also take part in one of the many challenges available. It can be a tremendous help. Challenges

Also, there are groups you can also join if you wish to do so. You can browse through them here. Groups

There are plenty of wonderful, friendly and knowledgeable people here to help you along on your journey to a life free of PMO. I wish you nothing but the best!

harris37 likes this.
  3. Heyyy welcome to the NoFap forum : ) It's nice to see you here fighting the good fight alongside us!

Here is just some advice:

First and foremost please take a look at each section in the forum, there might be something(s) you may find of big help to you. Feel free to post there :+)

Then secondly I just strongly advise you to be active on your profile(as there quite a few active people in the profile section). Please start by choosing an avatar and then make daily status posts to show you're active and needing support/encouragement. They've also got a neat little feature that shows freshly posted statuses for all users to see. People will find your profile and give you encouragement/support.

People (are beginning to) love communicating in the profile section..(it should be and is )mostly spportive talk but it doesn't hurt to deviate from supportive talk. It would be great to have you join in and support others in the threads, profiles, and journal, we could always use your help and in return you shall receive some as well!

Thirdly, You should also highly consider creating a public journal and write about your days in more depth for us members to follow along your journey and offer support to you by way of posting in your journal.

Last but not least: Good luck on your journey here, make sure to really give it a try with all your heart!

harris37 likes this.
  4. harris37

harris37 Fapstronaut

Can someone explain why my post has no responses, has this even been posted in the correct section? and also how do I post? when I go to the correct section ie 36 years old journal where is the form a post button???

Coffee Candy likes this.
  5. There is a big red button in the top right corner to start a new thread. You’re not the only one that misses it...

harris37 likes this.
  6. Yes it has.. sorry, we just reply with a sort of automated message making it helpful by giving the tools tips and advice we think could serve you in your time here. We have a lot of other stuff to do and sometimes the new to nofap section is so full but we want to be able to reach each one so we dont have time to reply to each one personally. Not a lot of new comers get really personal replies from their welcome..so you are not alone.. We should work on it.
    here I'll reply: Congratulations on your sobriety! Wishing you the best on PMO sobriety. I think you're rather enlightened and you've got the right mindset by what I read! Refreshing. You're gonna do good here with all the things provided to help you become a better a man :+)

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. harris37

harris37 Fapstronaut

Thanks for the info, I'm determined to keep going with the NoFap, I do have the temptations and as a recovering drug addict I've always been one for instant gratification. But I know rome wasn't built in a day so I will be patient and continue with without the high expectations, keep the happy medium. Thanks again

Coffee Candy likes this.
  8. Great attitude it will take you far :+)