1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Started talking to a girl I have feelings for.

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Prominent, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Prominent

Prominent Fapstronaut

My relationship is somewhat emotionally devoid -- this is both good and bad.
    We have no drama, but there also isn't a whole lot of serious feelings happening. She's 21, rendered herself a bit numb in her earlier years, and is a very quiet, shy person.

Another girl who I recently started talking to is so ridiculously POSITIVELY emotional that it's inspiring. I am beyond attracted to this girl. I do in fact desire her. But I also respect her, and we're only friends, but man she makes some feelings in me rise up.

I'm viewing this as a challenge, to embrace this girl as she cares deeply about my feelings (and everyone's, it's her personality) and to not think of her in a sexual way, but man she is attractive.

Posting here to attempt to keep to my word and to slowly condition a happier mental & emotional state with this girl and to push sexual feelings aside as I am in a committed relationship with my current girlfriend.

I have a small headache, but know I deserve it.
    This girl is beautiful and offers me very kind words -- I look up to her, she's so supportive.
    I hope I can learn to think of her in a non-explicit way and to have her help me with my feelings, including thoughts on abstaining and sin. We'll see how it goes.

2. 215

215 Fapstronaut

There is a slight chance that the girl is nice with you purely becausr she wants you, but becauseyou arecommited to your current relationship she might gave up on this thing, and u might lose her.
    Happened to me once. I had my gf and an other girl. I was really commited to my gf but the other girl made me feel so awesome too. But after time she realized I won't ditch my gf she just turned away from me.

3. MelancholyWeightlifter

MelancholyWeightlifter Distinguished Fapstronaut

Is she some kind of therapist? Why exactly are you discussing NoFap with her?