1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

UPDATE on past post

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by peacebringer, Aug 30, 2020.

Have you felt depression caused by nofap ?

1. yes

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. peacebringer

peacebringer Fapstronaut

https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?threads/nofap-88-days-my-experience-benefits.264007/

I wasn't orignally going to post this as a success, because it has a slightly depressing start. But after some reflecting I realized that it is rather further progress actually.

So in my previous post above I wrote about the benefits of 88 days. Now is the aftermath of on and off for a while.
    In the beginning I actually felt empty. When on it I felt a natural high, but as it faded it became empty. I didn't feel the need to do anything, the purpose behind physical success felt meaningless. I begun eating more sugar to feel good, but then something clicked, and the dopamine returned, but in another form, I suddently felt an urge to just make things happen, I suddently got into some animation, video editing, drawing, YouTube, etc. I suddently felt productive.
    I now do things that I used to pass on in the past because it felt overwhelming, but now I feel more driven, more productive etc. So I have pretty much done a transfer of dopamine in a sense ?