1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the Metaverse?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Nov 16, 2021.

1. Some person in chat was telling me about some Metaverse that is supposed to be in the future or something. I have no idea what Metaverse is.

2. Watanabe

Watanabe Fapstronaut

I've just started reading a book called Meta Human by Deepak Chopra, I'm only a quarter in so can't summarise but maybe it's got some pointers toward your question.

3. PatrickBasedman

PatrickBasedman Fapstronaut

It's the new name for Facebook. Zuckerberg wants to create some virtual reality thing and he called it the Metaverse.

Watanabe and modern milarepa like this.
  4. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Meta = Death in Hebrew. o_O

5. PatrickBasedman

The whole thing is very sinister, like something from a dystopian scifi novel lol. I certainly wont be using it. Social media as it currently exists is already terrible.

6. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Agreed. I use it only for messaging a handful of friends I know personally.

vxlccm likes this.
  7. This world is going to hell man.

Coak Hakola and It is Finished like this.
  8. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

It also means transcending in Greek, my friend.

————————

Its basically an attempt to plunge into a VR world. We are able to view the internet, we are not able to be in the internet. This is what the metaverse is attempting to do, allow us physical entry into cyberspace.

I know most of the ppl on nofap don’t have job or schooling, but for those who did. You know how we used zoom and webex for meetings? Zuckerberg created a virtual conference room which ppl could join and assume avatars and other funny things.

I personally don’t like it. It removes the human warmth from humans.

9. Mark Zuckerberg is a freaking reptilian man. The guy is freaking nuts.

It is Finished likes this.
  10. PatrickBasedman

Same.

11. PatrickBasedman

When he was younger he looked like a human. Now he looks like a lizard person trying to shed a human skin that's too tight.

12. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

this is an old example of what it is.
    [​IMG]

13. I have seen bits and pieces of this anime before. I just never thought anything like this could be made into reality. I'm having a hard time believing that creating this metaverse is actually possible. I understand we have virtual reality sets that make the person feel like they are in the game but to actually physically absorb ones whole life into the internet seems a bit to science fiction for me. If they even are able to do that, does that mean they are trapped in the metaverse for the rest of their lives?

14. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

מוות - mavet - means "death" in Hebrew.
    מתה - meta - means "she died" in Hebrew.
    מת - met - means "he died" in Hebrew.

15. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Thanks brother. :)

Hros likes this.
  16. wicket

wicket Fapstronaut

Elite'$ idiocy basicslee

17. Yeah is the magical word that they putted on your face (the vr oculus), like the jewish legend of the golem when the rabbi destroyed it by writing that word on golem face.
    Metaverse is the universe of death, a trap for those w ho want to own nothing but be happy. People like this are like golems, or in another words, Automa or Lobotomized.

PREPARE FOR THE GENERATION OF HIKIKOMORI 2.0

18. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

The legend goes that the word was אמת - emet which means truth. The first letter, alef, was erased, and all that was left was מת - met. And that's how the golem died.

En?gma likes this.
  19. Yep i know the Legend of the Prague golem because i have small book and that tale was really interesting, but it firstly quoted in the Torah right? Despite all we said is from the Prague legend you already said it, you have to modify the word "met" instead of "emet". I just wake up this morning and take a look to this topic and i just put the points togheter because i remember this book (by Jorge Luis Borges), I don't want to exagerated but the metaverse sound like an allegory "the death universe", and is interesting how you have to put that oculus in your face maybe in future with "Oculus Rift by Met". So when you enter the metaverse you are death because that's not the real world but a fake world that can be immediatly turn off by someone. But as the video of metaverse show you will have your own artificial house, dress, ecc...all can be just deleted with a single button. Immagine the movie avatar where the protagonist Jake when he exit from his "avatar" he's confused, he do 't recognize anymore what is his real body. And these eye glasses thst wa t you to be always to be connected with metaverse in real life. We are becoming addicted by tech despite we already are, and people already are golems.

dims4.jpg wp-content-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2021